Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1985 Renault 4 GTL 1108cc

Rich

Enthusiast
1985 Renault 4 GTL 1108cc R1128

Went to pick the R4 up on the weekend, some doubts as it was an ebay purchase bought unseen and I've never driven an R4 before. What an awesome drive! I did an hours drive from Hinckley to Stafford for the VW show and then the next day 4 hours back to Devon, never missed a beat, kept at a steady 55-60mph, amazing how many 'new' cars I over took :shock:

Here's a picture of her at the Stafford Showground, she came with a load of receipts and has had a load of work carried out by Renospeed. I intend to clean her up and enjoy. I have already cut and polished the bonnet and passenger door, replaced a head light bulb and am cleaing up the wheels for paint:cool:

100_5059.jpg

Last edited:
There you are Rich, I said that 4s are a bit different, and great fun. It looks like you've bagged your-self a good'en there. And the added bonus of a VW show on the way home. Well done. Regards Brian.

Thanks chaps, more cutting polishing and painting of wheel(s) for me tonight, got my tax today so all legal and above board :D

Pics from yesterday half the bonnet done...

100_5062.jpg

Wheel number one painted, just the clear lacqer to follow...

100_5071.jpg

Looks good. What paint and lacquer are you using for your wheels?

Good work.
What are you going to do for the nuts?

Andrea scripsit.

Looks good. What paint and lacquer are you using for your wheels?

Thanks jjad, It's just Renault silver grey and clear lacquer from Halfords.

Good work.
What are you going to do for the nuts?

Andrea scripsit.

Thanks Andrea, I've left them alone as they have the black plastic caps which stil on top of them.

More cutting and polishing tonight and another wheel painted. Time to turn the car around and start on the otherside :cool:

I took the R4 out the garage for a little drive before popping her back in to start the other side...

The cleaned side, 3/4 of roof still to do!

100_5080.jpg

100_5081.jpg

She's scrubbed up well Rich, and don't those wheels make a difference. Nice early Bay in the background too.

thats looking great...well done. Paint on wheels always transforms the car...

She's scrubbed up well Rich, and don't those wheels make a difference. Nice early Bay in the background too.

Thanks Brian, she's getting there, though the other side is rougher, lots of dents and some rust in the rear wing tops. Thats my '71 US Westy.

thats looking great...well done. Paint on wheels always transforms the car...

Thanks, appreciate your comments :cool:

Do you know if you can still get the plastic caps for the nuts? And how long are the nuts they fit?

Car looks great!

Thanks.

Dents are ok, there's bound to be one or two of those aren't there. But catch that rust in time, our Westcountry weather isn't very forgiving. Thought your camper was a Westy, slatted window was a givaway, Mmm nice.:cool:

Blended the paint on the the rear wing and drivers door yesterday to get rid of the wrong green that had been painted there.

100_5108.jpg

Reminds me of a picture Lord Stanbury sent me of his r4 by the sea

Back