Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Gone over to the dark side

kevinandkate

Sadly no longer an owner
Having had a Renault 4 called Fifi for a while then selling her as we didn't need 2 cars, I have since taken a wander to the frozen wastelands of Sweden and bought a Volvo. This was down to my mum in law passing away and in her will insisting I bought something for me in her will. I know, I know should have bought a Quatrelle but the French don't take them seriously as classics they are still using them to haul logs, sheep and wine about and I wanted to join the classic movement. Anyway a couple of pics attached to at least show I still love beautiful classic cars. By the way Cornish the wipers I let you have would have fitted the Volvo.

Kevin

• DSCN0786.jpg
    DSCN0786.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 212
should be easy enough to replace those VOLVO-emblems with Proper RENAULT 4L-ones!!
-If you should ever need parts for it I live next to The biggest Amazon/122S parts-outlet this side of eqautor..They say they have it ALL.. Nice Volvo by the way.
My dad used to have a 122 Sport ,same color,Gothenburg-factory prepped for rally,it was seriousely fast (in those days) if my mem. serves me it had two dual Webers
-He covered 98.000km's That is NinetyEigthThou' kms in 11month in that one!!!! anyone better? anyways-best of luck with this one Kevin -R.

Hello Kevin and Kate, what a cracking car, the Amazon has great lines although I think it would require stainless wiper-blades as befits its quality. A few years ago I had a 1977 DL244, it was a lovely car, but a bit underpowered, all that extra weight, like the energy absorbing bumpers, they didn't help either, but now I wish I had kept it because it did have the potential to be a really nice car. It was so solid, the Swedish Tank. I think some French folk do appriciate the 4, check out the 4L magazine for instance, and there were some nice home grown restored ones at Thenay this year. It's a bit like over here where we see some nice Morris Minors and Minis, obviously loved, and some hacks as well doing the rubbish tip run. Very nice to catch up with you both, enjoy your classic motoring, regards Brian and Rita.
PS When you said you had gone over to the dark side I thought you had gone and bought a 2CV:D

lol - I know I know.:eek:

I am going to view another little car this weekend - hoping they will accept my offer and then I too will be going over to the dark side. Will let you know what it is if I am successful :confused::confused:

Heh If getting different classic car than R4 is going to the dark side, I could say I was born on the dark side because renault is my second classic vehicle. And one of 5 I have at the moment :D

Simca 6

We finally found the little car we have been looking for. Initially we were after a Simca 5 but we cannot find one good enough in our price rage and the ones we have seen are just a box of bits and half finished projects. I will keep looking though as I love the look of the front grill.

So a bit of a compromise but I am more than happy is the Simca 6. Great little car, came with Contrôle Technique too plus it is complete in every way. Some of the paint is chipped and there is surface rust but the completeness of the car is what I was after.

• DSCN1257.jpg
    DSCN1257.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN1258.jpg
    DSCN1258.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN1267.jpg
    DSCN1267.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN1256.jpg
    DSCN1256.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 68
Rupert the little Simca 6

And little Rupert past his Côntrole Technique today. Now I can go and register him in our name.

• rupert CT.jpg
    rupert CT.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 43
Didn't realize that they were so small

Looks a bit like a Morris Minor from the front

Congrats to Rupert!

• morris-minor1-fron_1795826b.jpg
    morris-minor1-fron_1795826b.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 23
Hi there
If anyone is interested I am regretfully selling my little Simca 6 which is pictured above and now below. As I was given the Citroen Traction recently (see Barn Find thread) I do not have the space or the money to look after both of these cars.

Here is the advert I put on Leboncoin.fr and anciennes.net. Great price at €5100 and I have found out recently there are less than 300 still on the road anywhere in the world.

Carte Gris & Controle Technique
Changed head gasket recently.
New door rubbers
New window rubber
New roof rubbers
New ventilator rubbers

All original and everything functions. Original documentation, user manual, revue technique and parts catalogue.

Can deliver within reason i.e. 200Km of Toulouse or some agreement if coming up to UK or Holland (car trailer).

P1060226.jpeg P1060227.jpeg P1060228.jpeg
P1060239.jpeg P1060251.jpeg P1060232.jpeg

If you know anyone looking for a fun little car for the summer and beyond then let me know - cheers Ian.

Our little Simca 6, Rupert has found a new home in Paris. Sad day for us but now I have the budget to do up my Traction :):):)

Back