Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1992 Savane LHD in France.

reo24

Enthusiast
1992 Renault 4 Savane, very tidy & in very good condition. 142000 kms & a recent CT. I have replaced the offside front wing . These cars are rapidly becoming a collectors item so finding a good one without a rusty floor is getting difficult!

Concours examples can be found for 4000 euros upwards so do not think that these are still the cheap cars you remember as a student!
Offers in the region of 1850 euros.

Located Chalais 16210 France.
Thanks,

• new 4 001.JPG
    new 4 001.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 18
  • savane 001.JPG
    savane 001.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 17
  • savane 001.JPG
    savane 001.JPG
    312.4 KB · Views: 18
  • savane 004.JPG
    savane 004.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 15
In the recent issue of Gazoline 209 they have the 5 most iconic cars (affordable) around. These included the Austin Mini, VW Beetle, Fiat 500, Citroen 2CV and of course the Renault 4L. It states the price and also how much they INCREASE in value year on year. The 4L was the most recent addition to the collectors so the price is ramping up considerably at 16% per annum whereas the VW Beetle has been desirable for many years this is stable at 0%, they have reached their ceiling for the moment. Austin Mini is 7%, Fiat 500 2% and the 2CV 10%.

A good read specially as we have 1 Mini, 1 2CV and 2 4Ls in the family :)

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 13.47.19.png

Must pop out and pick up a copy today. Similar to you, I've got a mini and a 2CV - sadly no 4L at the moment, but there's time, and I still love them dearly. BTW, if anyone is interested in a 1967 4L, I know of one for sale locally. Very good condition (although paintwork faded/tired), solid chassis and floor, excellent mechanics: 2500 euros. 1383071705.jpg1383071714.jpg

Hey Brian,

Good to hear from you. I'm down at St Just, in Penwith; but we'll soon be moving to Goldsithney, a little nearer to you. :)

All the best,

Olaus

I'm in the Charente not far from Chalais and looking for an R4 to buy.
I've been offered one for 1200€ but I know there is floor rust and I've read that that is a pain in the whatsit to deal with.
Is yours still for sale reo24? (And how is it for floor rust!?)

regards

Geoff

Hi Olaus, I'm often down St Just way, delivering or collecting hire cars for the firm I work for. If you are over Crowlas anytime on week days, Andrew (renault4mad) of AMG Renault is worth a visit, he collects 4s. He's in Rospeth Ind Estate. In the meantime, hope you find the 4 you want, and please keep us posted. Regards Brian. :cool:

Hey Brian, Thanks for the info! I've had a chat with Andy, who's fantastic to have nearby! Hopefully I'll find something within my £2k budget (hopefully less!), before long. I'll keep you posted. All the best, Olaus.

Yes please do that. You should be able to find 4 in your price range, but it might need a little bit of work ;)

Sorry, but this rust free Renault (apart from a couple of bubbles on one rear wing) is now sold.
I have 2 more which will be for sale after a bit of work which seem to be equally rust free but I have not put them on the ramp to confirm.

Hi reo24,

Sounds interesting! Please can you keep us posted, when they're good to go?

Many thanks!

Olaus

Back