Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Lenses

Stan

Enthusiast
Looking on ebay for bits and found an Indian shop with rear and front r4 lenses, postage free, the name of the shop is Battiwale.
Thought it might be of interest, I might try a set of rear lenses and see what like.

I just bought some of the orange front lenses. Absolutely terrific. Incredible value for money. By the way, Renault did the clear ones in plastic as well as glass.
Piet

Are you sure there were glass indicator lenses? I have only seen them on British cars sporting Lucas electrical equipment, but not on R4s with Seima/Yorka/PK lights.

For anyone interested I have some new old stock Seima white indicator lenses for sale. Just like this type, plus the chrome ring originally fitted.

Never see glass ones in Aus either, but would like to. we only had 4's from 62-65

I got the rear lenses today and they are actually very good.
Angel, the main ones I'm looking for are the reversing light lenses, I don't suppose you have them do you ?
If it's a no then I'm going to weld up the holes in the rear door as I need to make a decision for the painter

Hey is this something rare ? I found it on Polish auction site. It's a NOS item and the seller wants 25 euros for it ( plus shipping). Unfortunately he has only one. r4 lamp.jpg

Back