Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 F6 Van. 1985(C reg) 1108cc, RHD, Blue.

SteveC

MrToureteMasterSignwriter
Equidistant between Beaconsfield and Marlow (....High Wycombe )
NO LONGER FOR SALE

66800miles.
Tax expires End November 2014
MoT 14 December 2014

Purchased in 2006 and overhauled in 2007 (@61k miles) including all required chassis repairs, all suspension joints and rubbers, new bespoke built dampers, new brakes all round, new radiator and full flush of cooling system. A full new lockset was fitted meaning that all locks work as they should and the van has three matching sets of keys. Mostly garage stored since this time and rarely driven in the rain.

4 Firestone tyres with very good tread on R5 Gordini Turbo Wheels, painted to match van.

Also supplied 4 brand new, never used, winter tyres fitted to freshly reconditioned original wheels.

In excellent mechanical order. Runs and drives perfectly. New Head gasket fitted in 2010. All gear linkage bushes have been renewed meaning the gear change is as good as new.

Rear load area is soundproofed, carpeted and plylined, interior lights have been fitted in the plylining. A bike carrying system has been fitted allowing two pushbikes to be safely carried in the van by removing the front wheel and dropping the front forks into quick release brackets behind the front seats. This call all be easily removed from the van if desired.

A rev counter has been tastefully fitted as has a radio/CD player in a genuine radio console from a 4GTL. Two speakers are fitted in the rear plylining.

The van has some sticker signwriting to each side as seen in the photos. This could be removed if it is not to your taste.

The van is in an unrestored exterior condition and as such comes with various minor knocks, scrapes, scratches and areas where previous paint repairs can be seen. None of this really detracts from its appearance. It’s certainly not a concourse vehicle, but a very honest and fun little van with great character.

Very sorry to see it go, but busy lives and too little time to enjoy it means that it’s time to find the next person to love the van as I have. It will need some love in the next few years as it is slightly tatty in some areas, but the crucial chassis areas around the rear chassis legs/suspension mountings are all totally solid, and mechanically the van drives absolutely perfectly.

£3400

The van can be viewed near High Wycombe, HP10, evenings or weekends by prior arrangement.

I plan to give it a wash tomorrow and take some pictures of it then, but until then.. its as it was in 2008 when I put these pictures up. http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/useralbums/mr-tourette-master-signwriter.2/view

Last edited:
As promised, some pictures taken today.

Would you sell the winter tyres and wheels separately? :D

I'm afraid its not currently on the market. It was joint owned between myself and two friends. When we came to sell it one of the other two suddenly got very cold feet and decided to buy the other two of us out. Much to Johnjolly's disappointment. Sorry again we messed you about John.

I've since gone on to buy another Renault. Even more ridiculous than this van. I always wanted an Alpine A610.. Its amazing and awful all at once. My kind of car!

Back