Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello from USA

AntonioConceicao

Enthusiast
Hello,

My name is Antonio and I live in the USA, hour away from DC

I just got a 88 4L Savanne in Holland and its on its way to USA. Should arrived end of August.

Driven one in Portugal and loved it but I never work on a 4L that means I might need some help from you guys if some mechanical problems comes up!

IMG_3527.jpg
As it gets here I will get some pictures and start a US log

Antonio

Welcome Antonio, you've come to the right place. Your new car looks good. Where are you? I have relatives in Maryland and Delaware, and visit them when I'm able to. Regards Brian.

Welcome Antonio, you've come to the right place. Your new car looks good. Where are you? I have relatives in Maryland and Delaware, and visit them when I'm able to. Regards Brian.

Thanks, I have not seen the car in person but pictures looks good and it has low milage and no rust. I am in Gainesville VA . MD is not too far away

Maybe next time we can go down town DC in 4L for a beer LOL

Antonio

I was in the States back in June, went to Great Falls VA for coffee n cars one Saturday morning, super turn-out of classic machinery. I'll take you up on the beer in down town DC next time I'm over. I hope you are pleased with your 4L, and you get behind the wheel as soon as possible.

Brian.

Welcome to the forum, what a great looking car, I hope you have some great times in her.

I am always so happy to see that one of many R4 still running on streets is going over "big water".

I can only imagine reaction of people seeing that little car driving around "american" big cars.

Welcome to the family!

Been at that coffee n cars a couple times, let me know when you come by again.

I was in the States back in June, went to Great Falls VA for coffee n cars one Saturday morning, super turn-out of classic machinery. I'll take you up on the beer in down town DC next time I'm over. I hope you are pleased with your 4L, and you get behind the wheel as soon as possible.

Brian.

Welcome.

They do look very small when comparing with what people drives LOL Always get a great reaction when driving my French cars

Antonio

I am always so happy to see that one of many R4 still running on streets is going over "big water".

I can only imagine reaction of people seeing that little car driving around "american" big cars.

Welcome to the family!

Got a couple more pictures of the 4L

Is that possible it has the 1.1L engine?

Antonio

• P1010399.JPG
    P1010399.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010400.JPG
    P1010400.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010401.JPG
    P1010401.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010402.JPG
    P1010402.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010403.JPG
    P1010403.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010404.JPG
    P1010404.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010405.JPG
    P1010405.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 3
Is that possible it has the 1.1L engine?
Antonio

Hi, great looking car!

It could have a 1.1L engine, but more likely not (as it's a TL, which generally had the smaller engine compared with the GTL). You need to check out the engine code to be certain. See http://quatrelle.wikia.com/wiki/Engine for how to do that and what the various engine codes mean. Also, check out the 'oval plate' on the bulkhead beneath the windscreen for the 'R code' to see what model you've got: http://quatrelle.wikia.com/wiki/Model_identification.

It does look good Antonio. There was a red R5 Turbo at coffee n cars back in June, and you say you have other French cars, so was that you? I'll let you know when I'm crossing "the pond" again.

Brian.

Thanks.

This will really help

Antonio

Hi, great looking car!

It could have a 1.1L engine, but more likely not (as it's a TL, which generally had the smaller engine compared with the GTL). You need to check out the engine code to be certain. See http://quatrelle.wikia.com/wiki/Engine for how to do that and what the various engine codes mean. Also, check out the 'oval plate' on the bulkhead beneath the windscreen for the 'R code' to see what model you've got: http://quatrelle.wikia.com/wiki/Model_identification.

Back