Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My Renault 4 is up for sale :(

pepper

Pepper The One and Only!
My main towing car was written off in an accident this week and I'm having to try and raise funds to finance a new car so as part of this BB has to go! I've got her on Ebay but if anyone wants to talk to me separately then please contact me through here.

She is in much better condition than she looks with very little rust on the chassis and has had only 3 small places welded.

She drives brilliantly and always starts even after months of being left alone I've replaced all the brake lines including the flexibles and all the shock absorbers too. I had to replace the engine and gearbox with a low mileage set as the originals were causing me issues and I replaced the starter motor at the same time!

I've always reckoned that with a bit of TLC she would be a cracking car just needing the panels sorting out and a respray.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-4GTL-Left-hand-drive-1984-/291243142060?

Sorry to hear that :(

Couple of points though - if it was a none fault accident should insurance not be paying out for replacement?

Also, I'd very seriously reconsider taking PayPal for it - if a buyer pays with PayPal, comes and collects and then does a chargeback or opens a dispute you have virtually no chance of ever seeing the money again. PayPal is fine for stuff you are posting or have proof of delivery but without proof of delivery you can really come unstuck if the buyer opens a dispute.

Trouble is if you say cash on collection only, you fall foul of eBay rules and they can pull the sale.

So I'm trying to get around that and I always get a receipt of collection signed before anything is taken away.

Hi Pepper, I've sold several 2cv's on ebay over the years, the last being in June 2014. As far as I'm aware, they force you to offer paypal for all catagories except 'cars, and vehicles' where you can turn it off on the advert edit page. Also be warned if you accept Paypal, you'll pay something like £40 in paypal fees for accepting the money...

Good luck with the sale by the way. The trouble with offering it on the R4 Forum is it's preaching to the converted and most of us have our hands full already!

Playing with EBay, is like playing with the devil, you do end up paying more but generally the prices you get for your items make it worthwhile,

It'll be shame to see her go, it's been a lovely car so reliable and everyone loves it.

But don't think I'm leaving the Renault 4 fold, as I already have another one being put back on the road at this very moment!

That's a shame pepper after having for so long, maybe in the future you'll get another ? once you've had one you can't give them up,
good luck with the sale and hope it goes to another enthusiast.

Bobble, I've already got another one I'm getting back on the road, it was on eBay recently and is a nice little white 1970's 4l with only 40,000 miles on the clock. It's been sat for 8 years and I thought it may need a big rebuild, but its in really good condition,

Just needs a fuel pump, water pump and a rear silencer and it'll be ready for an mot after a very good service, the intention is to get it up to a really good state with a respray and then my son is going to run around it when at college.

The main thing is I need to raise funds at this moment to replace my towing car, I wasn't really wanting to sell at this moment tho!

That's brilliant, sounds like a good one, my son had a 1990 Savanne when he was at college and when he left still used for a while when he was
working but then like most youngsters wanted something with a little more var var voom, he now has a Clio diesel :( and he sold his R4 to a
a guy who bought it and took it to Italy.
I know what you mean about having a towing car fortunately when we sold the scenic we still have the camper (Renault of course).:)

Hi there found your advert on eBay, could you tell me where she has been welded? Thanks adey

Back