Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

vin no

Dave Z

Enthusiast
Hi all.
I have a r4f6 van and im trying to get it registered. I have been trying to sort out the vin no but have been told that it cant be what is on the plate.The square plate has VF1 then the no of the oval plate and below that an 8 digit no starting with D0000xxx
I have been told it cant be a "D"
I cant find any number stamped on the chassis near the seats to confirm the no but am fairly sure that the plate hasnt been altered. Or it is a very well done change. I enlarged the pic to max on the computer.

Has anyone else got or seen a similar number.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Hi again.
I think I have sorted out the details of what the D is.
could someone confirm the no of digits in the second line of the square plate on a 1984 f6 van please.
thanks

Think only you and me awake and is a bit dark for me to go outside in my dressing gown

I own a B reg F6 van first registered 7/8/84. The second line (the line under the line beginning with VF1) of the square plate is ◊E0029xxx◊.

Hope this is of help.

Many thanks mmvanman.

That corresponds to mine so much happier now that i have confirmation that some one elses is similar. I was told that it should have 8 numbers after the letter, but mine and yours has seven.

I believe that the D gives the factory of manufacture being Douai i am told. The E is for the Palencia factora apparently.

Dave

Back