Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New member in Hampshire

Katie

Hi all,

I was very lucky to be given a Renault 4l for my 40th Birthday. I have named him Pascal le Roux! (Another story!) My husband found the car 2 years ago, it was looking very sorry in some woods in Surrey and bought him as a surprise birthday present. He had him secretly stored away and then had a garage repair and renovated it to its former glory and surprised me with the car. I feel very lucky indeed!
It's done only 28000 and has every service record from day one including original bill of sale in 1979. We recently took him to a car rally where we had fantastic comments. Not sure sometimes who loves him more, my husband or me! image.jpg

Welcome to the forum both of you, and Pascal too, who looks in beautiful condition. 4Ls are great little cars, and as you've already noticed you meet lovely people because of them.

Regards Brian.

Wow, I'm jealous, welcome to the forum and what a lovely present!

What a nice birthday surprise. Welcome to the club.
Regards, Robert

welcome to the forum car looks lovely great to see another one come out of the woodwork literally

Beautifully finished! Congratulations to you on your birthday and to your husband for the restoration

Oh wow what a wonderful surprise and it looks brilliant, good luck with it and enjoy using it.

Where in Hampshire are you? only in Dorset myself with a rather dead TL and a GTL being restored.
Welcome btw and you have a nice husband for do that for you :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Thank you everyone for all your kind wishes. We were really lucky that Pascal has been loved and cared for by its previous 2 owners. We only really had to replace the chrome bumpers, replace the window surrounds which were very rusty and some dents redone. Pascal passed the mot first time with a couple of advisories. We have found a couple of pictures during his make- over! Realised Pascal is a 4TL.

Bit late in the day but a warm welcome.
A very nice looking vehicle you have there.:)

Question to Katie did your husband know you wanted a 4 as it hold s past memories or was it out of the blue and no previous connection with renault 4s

Where in Hampshire are you? only in Dorset myself with a rather dead TL and a GTL being restored.
Welcome btw and you have a nice husband for do that for you :)
Hi thank you for the message. Feel very lucky to have a Renault 4. We are in North Hampshire near Haslemere. Good luck with the restoration of the GTL.

Question to Katie did your husband know you wanted a 4 as it hold s past memories or was it out of the blue and no previous connection with renault 4s
Hi, I have family who live in France and for the last 15 years have had an obsession with Renault 4's. So my husband has always known my passion and I can't believe I am now the proud owner of one.

Hi thank you for the message. Feel very lucky to have a Renault 4. We are in North Hampshire near Haslemere. Good luck with the restoration of the GTL.
thank you, its at Renospeed at the moment :S my wallet....

Back