My R4

Edtom

Enthusiast
OK here are some photos of the van..
Still lots of work to be done...

Body removed

The rust!!

Tom
Thank you for those. I believe that the pictures are so much better than a thousand words to describe things.

The rear is now finished. I have just put some anti rust paint on for the time being.

Looks like good work there. I'm looking forward to seeing the project progress. Be careful when you drill the holes for the rear suspension mountings. If they are slightly out of place the rear ride height will change. It's important to get the ride height the same on both sides.

Thanks. I made a template up before I started, so I should get them back exactly in the sale place. I hope....

A little up date of work that has been done...
Front right of châssis, rust cut out

New plate

All welded up with second plate on top

Rust rear right side, having removed all that foam...

All welded up!

And painted....

Now I just have to do the other side....

Thanks guys. There is still quite a bit too do, but it's getting there.

Hi all,
Had enough of working on the chassis, took a break this week end and started cleaning and painting all the small parts....

Started the left hand side today, cut all the rust out and have started welding things back together... I really can't wait until I get this chassis finished....

Fantastic work and progress....I'm going to have to buy a welder and learn how to use it in order to catch you up

Beautiful!
you didn't took out the front torsion bar... for now I am planning to do the same.
what kind of anti rust primer are you spraying on the welding surface?

Back