Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Finally took the courage...

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I forgot that you have 75 Export which I think is R1123.

On the 845cc, There is a small cylinder/bush above the gear which is almost impossible to get out. It is best to knock it out from the bottom when your oil pump is removed, but in your case that is obviously not possible.
The only reason to remove that gear is if you need to extract your camshaft.

do you have the little centre shaft with splines as in the photo? This photo is from my 845cc R1123. This little shaft fits into the top of the gear. it is easily removed and its position can also be adjusted.
DSCF6699.JPG

Can it be removed from the top without extracting the bush? Tried with a pair of pliers but not working...
Thanks for all your support!
The engine is working fine but the condenser is too near to the 2nd plug cap...

Yes Azazello, it can be removed without extracting the bush.

I have just removed mine again to check, and it came out with a magnet very easily. I used a smaller, narrower magnet than the one pictured above. Perhaps you should spray some releasing lubricant as it might be a little seized with old oil/rust.

The top of the shaft seems to be level with the top of the gear so its difficult to grip with pliers.

You could also put some grease on the bottom of the distributor, put it back and then pull it out again and hope that the shaft sticks to the bottom

Not lucky with a magnetic screwdriver nor with a magnet from an hard disk (usually quite strong and effective.
Will have a try again and I'll tell. ..
Thanks!

Working around small details...

And checked the windows frame fitting.

Not so difficult as I thought, even if not that straightforward as per plastic frames... think that fitting rear ones will be much far worse.

I had some problem regulating my clutch pedal, but finally I filled the brake circuit with oil and today I tried her for a ride... just around my house.

She entered back in the garage with her own wheels for the first time since precisely one year ago, I remember I separated chassis and body on the 25 of april..
The gearbox works well, gears enter precisely and not scratching, no strange noises, but. .. I can't find the 4th gear! Back, 1st, 2nd, 3rd... and stop. What could be the problem?

Do you still have gearbox problems or is it now fixed?

I've just remembered that you found a piece of spring in your gearbox when you opened it.

Can you not find 4th gear only when the engine is running or also when it is turned off?

Also you should try disconnecting the gear selector lever that runs over the engine and then change gears by hand using the short gear lever that comes directly from the gear box.
Another option would be to tighten the clutch even more.

Good luck

Looking at your gearbox your first gear is to the left and back towards you, second is forward, third is back towards you and forth is forward again. Reverse is al the way to the right and forward.
Or you have a 3 gear gearbox.

Today I finally decided to take again my engine off the car. Very sadly I dismantled in an afternoon months of work and now the engine sits on my floor in order to fix oil leaking (hopefully is from the distribution carter, I'd hate to take off the oil pan) and check what's wrong with my gearbox...
Now I need to open the gearbox and check... I wonder how to operate...

It looks fantastic. You could remove only gearbox I think. Hope that you will find the problem and fix it soon.

Today I finally decided to take again my engine off the car. Very sadly I dismantled in an afternoon months of work and now the engine sits on my floor in order to fix oil leaking (hopefully is from the distribution carter, I'd hate to take off the oil pan) and check what's wrong with my gearbox...
Now I need to open the gearbox and check... I wonder how to operate...

I choosed to take off the whole engine because I have an oil leak from the rear of the engine and I want to fix it too...

As said in another thread, the 4th gear now enters quite well and all seem to work fine, but since I began dismantling I would like to change the paper gaskets for the gearbox drops a bit of oil... I need to take out the 4th gear sprockets, hope it will not be too difficult (ant not too difficult to put them back in their place).
In the meanwhile, I mounted my new capote...

Are your wipers mounted in right way?
Mine are in opposite position

Back