Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Kent Meeting 1st May 2016

Thank you for your comment Eoynteenie, colourful is the word I guess. I have to say I have warmed to the Twingo, but I think there might be a cure for that, a dose of Quatrelle probably. I too have been working on other "stuff", fettling our 72 veedub camper, it's an ongoing "project", on the road but it's never going to be a show winner. Hope to meet up with you next weekend. Regards Brian.

13076695_940340182753664_414681241096416652_n.jpg

Quick meet up between my two iconic cars

Saab now has a MOT and is hopefully ready for its 160ish mile trip Sunday

Once again I will have to miss out, bugger...
Lisa has been very ill and in and out of hospital over the last 6 months. Now she is on the mend we will be resting away on holiday that weekend.
Have fun and enjoy!
Sorry to hear that Stuart, give her our best and enjoy your holiday.

I may have to come down, will be more interesting than the AGM last week :-D

I'll probably bring Judiths Twingo as I quite like driving it,

What an excellent day out when the sun shone and made everyone happy. It was a pleasure to meet up with some owners and to actually see fifteen (yes, really) Renault 4s up close. A few steps taken to getting one of my own.

I am unable to upload images here (far too complicated for me) but I have uploaded ten on the Renault 4L Facebook page if you'd like to pop over there.

Good to see everyone yesterday. I like the video. I came back inspired to get the Gordini ready for the MOT.

Swapped the binding Bendix caliper with a new early type caliper, found the wheel fouled the new caliper and wouldn't go around any more, so popped the piston out of the old one, gave it a good clean and put it back on. I've ordered a new one from eBay as they seem in short supply at the moment.

Next had a fiddle with the 123 tune ignition curves. It runs very nicely now, and it is possible to stamp on the throttle in any gear at any speed and the car just gets on with it.

Thanks to everybody who turned out on Sunday,will post some pics as soon as I remember to download them off the camera. It was a lovely day and a good first event for Emile the Estafette!

It was a lovely day, like Malcolm, I'm fired up to get my 4 back on the road as soon as possible!

Thank you Becky for organising a wonderful day .

I love yellow Perils! :-D

Many thanks for organising the event it was a brilliant day!!!

Given me more encouragement to work on the R4's rather than the R8 :)

Yes A BIG thank you to Becky, and what a nice day too. nice to meet up again with the crew . hope you all had a good time and made it back home safe. love from mike xxxx

Pretty sure I thanked Becky on the day and iam not sure I got round to saying hello to everyone present but it was a good turnout which is always encouraging for the next one
Hoping Rodeo finished next year and then I can sell all of the leftover parts and concentrate on tidying up the yellow peril bodywork as it was last painted in 93

Chatting to Mike (Mr.Mick) on Sunday, it does seem a shame that such a get together only happens once a year. As there is no Renault 4 Owners Club, this is the next best thing, so perhaps twice a year or even more, might be acceptable to everybody? There is of course the famous Bromley Pageant and our local classic car event at the Aylesford Friars that's worth going to. I'll dig out some dates and put them on here so people can meet up for a 'group hug' ;-) By the way how many of you belong to the Renault OC? I wonder if they cover such a broad range of models, the 4 doesn't get much of a mention. (Just asking).

Back