Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 5 campus vacuum valve

David Norville

Enthusiast
Hi, just working on a friend's 1991 Renault 5 campus and it is making a loud screaming sound that seems to be coming from a disc shaped diaphragm valve on the inlet manifold, also the car files very quickly. I am assuming the rubber has failed. Are these still available? What are they called? Has anyone got a used one?
Thanks
David

If you can just confirm to me that this is an injection car I can explain all about the problem you have got if it is an older one with a carburettor would need to see some pictures feel free to message me on my mobile number on my profile page and we can chat directly easier than typing I think

Hi I have a similar problem, purchased a 1.4 Monaco , been off road side 2014 and on starting the engine , it's gains in RPM and holds at 3000 rpm, the Webber DRT CARB has idle adjustment which is closed shut and when we open it the revs drop back down to how it should , but the car starts to smoke , when closed the idle jet , smoke goes and RPM picks up again, should the idle jet be closed. Or is the problem due to diapragms. Thanks if any one can help

Back