Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Towbar for 1987 R4 GTL wanted

John M

Enthusiast
Would anyone out there have a towbar to fit my 87 GTL? Condition is not important and if there are bits missing that's fine too as I can make them. A dimensioned drawing would also do.

I used to have a towbar sculling about in the back of the garage and kept it from 1978 up until 3 years ago when I decided I wouldn't need it after all as I wouldn't be getting another R4 so I gave it away.

Then I bought a another Renault 4!

Such is life.

So assuming there are people out there who, unlike me, treasure their bits and bobs I would be very pleased to buy said towbar.

Pretty sure there is a post on here somewhere with a download for dimensions to make your own
Try searching was in the last year pretty sure
Having said that I can never get search function on forum to work well using my android phone

Thank you for your replies. Hope the rain stops soon. If the towbar has sunk in the mud without trace I will at least be able to make one from the drawings.

I bought one from France off ebay several years ago for my F4. Easy to fit, made of rectangular bar. Try ebay france and bung in "Barre de remorquage". I am sure there are manufacturers still producing them for the R4.

'Twas me...I posted a design but don't know how to find it..

It's for a concealed tow bar

However I have noticed a more visible type is now newly available from der Franzose

I have a tow bar available. Make me an offer if you're interested. It's currently on my old car. Cheers

Back