Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Classic car events in the South East

TOPS , good shout paul, will be up for that one in Aylesford friars. i will say a few prayers for good weather and hope a few of us will turn out from the kent crew? ,mike

Crikey, I might even have a car by then. I think we should badger the Kent owners to come along, don't you? I know Derek came last year plus one other chap I don't recall the name of.

Your very keen paul
Once you've accepted malcolm challenge of a map of members we can decide who's got the furthest distances to cover
Me I only do dry preferably sunny days

5th June there is a citroen event closer to me in Chichester which has been posted already haven't been to Bromley for at least 10 years
Somewhere I've got a pic of yellow peril on renault owners club stand in 1993
Can't find it think it's on an online album this pic is from a very wet renault owners club event at Bewl last June i would of driven it there but needed to take van as well full of autojumble
By the time I got there was 50 mm water in footwells
20150726_095534.jpg

With the annual Bromley Pageant coming along next Sunday, I wonder how many of us are going? I doubt whether the bank will have cleared my cheque by then so won't be on four wheels this year, mind you the terrific build of traffic on the approach roads would make riding the trusty bike a better bet.

I've never been to the Bromley Pageant, I always remember it being heavily written about back in the Nineties classic car press.

It always used to be billed as the largest one-day classic car event in the World but the last couple of times I've been, it seemed a bit down on numbers. Still big though. On a hot day it can get unbearable there because of it's size. Hopefully some R4s can get there. The autojumble is quite sizeable too.

5th June there is a citroen event closer to me in Chichester which has been posted already.....
Will you be going then Paul?
It's not just the 5th June. It starts on the 1st and ends on the 6th. I'm already there now (Tuesday night), helping to set up (& setting up my trade-stand, to get the best spot before the big companies arrive on Wednesday!). Loads of stuff going on over the next few days. If you can't do the whole Weds pm to Monday am, then Saturday or Sunday's probably best for day-visitors, ideally staying on for the evening entertainment. Sunday is the day when there's 5 or 6 local classic car clubs invited to display their other makes but R4s will be welcome at any time!
Fancy driving around a course in a reverse-steering 2CV?: I think that's due to be here for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Bromley was quite good but with just one solitary Renault 4 in attendance. An A-reg GTL owned by Vincent Modica of Dartford.

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 4
Disappointed. A couple of hundred 2CVs, some Panhards, a few Moggy Minors, a few Scamps, even a Teslar, but not one Renault at the Chichester meeting.

I talked at length with Vincent about his car as it is almost identical to the 1986 4GTL I am buying. Vincent said that like mine, his car was terribly flat after being exposed to the elements for years but a day spent with T-Cut and polish had it very shiny indeed. His is a really nice example and not over restored at all. Parked amongst Renault Clios and Alpines, it attracted a lot of admirers.
Vincent Modica has an interesting background. He used to be employed in the Renault factory in Ireland building Renault 4s; he currently works in the Caterham factory building Caterham/Lotus 7s; and he was born in Corsica.

Last edited:
yes paul, both vince and his brother lee are both experts on the 4 and 6 and many tips and info i have had off them in the past , real good lads:clapping:

Can I please draw your attention to KENT'S CLASSIC CAR SHOW to be held at THE FRIARS at AYLESFORD on SUNDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER this year? The entry form can be printed off from www.KentClassicCarShow.co.uk There was an excellent turnout at the recent(ish) narrow gauge railway event and it would be nice to see the same number or more at the Friars. It's always an excellent show with just two R4s there last year. I shall be taking Renée - well it's only 1 1/2miles away for me - and it would be nice to see more this time. With the railway event our Spring gathering, this event could be our Autumn gathering.

Hello, is there anybody there? Mr Mick and I are certainly going but a deathly hush from the rest of you. You will need to send off the £5 entrance fee to get in. C'mon for goodness sake. Possibly the last opportunity in 2016 to see more than one R4 at any one time.

hello paul, how much to get in if you turn up on the day ?:waving:

GOOD day at the Kent Classic Car Show , big hug to all the Renault Gang ,nice hot day and lots of Laughs see you next time xx mike:clapping:

Back