Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What I am doing!

First trial fit of the door cards went well. As I'd not made horizontal slits in the boards as the originals for the clips to poke through , I had a few of the clips not align correctly with their corresponding fixing holes . I'll have to do a bit of juggling to get it all to fit well.

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 3
Little bit to much tartan for me.....aldo nice job you have done.....adding small sponge underneath will help to feel comfortable.

What a great restoration. Worthy of an article in Practical Classics magazine. I love what you are doing. All the latest bits in a retro looking body. Can I put myself first in line to take it off your hands? Vain hope I know but you never know.:whistle:

Ha ha John thanks for the compliments . Truthfully I never thought it would end up like this . It's been a journey and a hard one but immensely enjoyable too. I wouldn't and couldn't sell.i have thought about writing an article

We've all been witness and involved in the interactive story
From the first day when you took a daily running car to a million pieces
I personally wondered if you would see your dream through this far as it's certainly been a steep learning curve
Not sure a magazine article could tell the whole story as well as its been covered here
Any way well done from me hopefully I will get to see the car in real life some when ☺

Hi Paul thank you! Yes I'm really hoping to see you sometime .
A trip down your way would be great ☺️

Today I've sorted some teething problems including

Squealing belt
Headlamp poor connection
Stiff seat belt coupling
Stiff clutch pedal (we'll see how long it lasts)
Restored rear rubber mat (super glued splits cleaned and polished)and put foam beneath ( camping mats are cheap and dense foam)

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 7
The steering wheel as well! Your car looks brilliant and I like what you've done to it. Will you be going to the Kent Run in May (on a Sunday in one or other of the bank holidays) so we can have a look at it?

The steering wheel as well! Your car looks brilliant and I like what you've done to it. Will you be going to the Kent Run in May (on a Sunday in one or other of the bank holidays) so we can have a look at it?
Hi Malcolm yes I've been thinking about that very thing. I'd love to come. Do we have a date yet? Will put it on my calendar

Hi Jonathan, I'm looking at carrying out the same modification that you have done on the front vent flap.
Just trying to find a flap at present, not the easiest thing to find these days!
Where the flap sits, other than the cut and weld at the top, it looks like just a re-profiling with body filler, is that the case or did you do more than this to achieve correct fit?
Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve sorry for the very slow response. You will find the flap isn't a perfect fit ( that's if you can find one) the flap in fact will be ;and I'm guessing) about 10mm lower than a true earlier version with the flap. It's because the lower edge of the flap will need to cover the centre middle of the depression in the bulkhead where the plastic grille would normally sit. The flap is also narrower than the plastic grille depression. The top edge was made from door pillar edge and tack welded carefully into place. I was going to add sheet steel to profile/blend in . But in the end used filler but kept this to a minimum . Hopefully there are enough photos on my thread to help you. Be in touch if not :hug:

Just a thought .... There is an earlier version of the plastic grille that Derek Flavel pointed out to me. It's flat and less in your face than the GTL hooded grille. A direct swap too.
It would certainly look nice but apparently that type whistle a bit . ( my flap mod doesn't but it is a lot of work )

Thanks Jonathan.
By the way, you have chosen the exact colour I was looking for, as well!
That blue-green is beautiful. Do you know the colour code or the paint code for it?
Thanks again, Steve

Thanks Jonathan.
By the way, you have chosen the exact colour I was looking for, as well!
That blue-green is beautiful. Do you know the colour code or the paint code for it?
Thanks again, Steve

Hi Steve

Yes its 412 'Ille de France' and quite a story to be told tracking it down.
My paint came from Movac in Norwich I expect they could supply you too -maybe they have another branch nearer you and the code could be transferred to them electronically.

Back