Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What I am doing!

Absolutely beautiful work throughout and a thread I was woefully behind on! I've been so busy myself that I've only been hopping on to post updates on my own thread and running away, rather selfishly I'll admit. Womble is a credit to all your hard work and that colour match between paint, seats and tartan is exceptional.

Out of interest, what are you towing with Womble?

Hello Vulgalour thank you for kind words it's a project I thoroughly enjoyed and so great to have the support network that's this Forum. Yes it's an Eriba Puck caravan I tow. I restored that too about 4 years ago. A similarity with the Renault 4 it's an exceptional peice if design. Unlike 'teardrop' types which are effectively a double mattress on a trailer. This is a fully functional caravan with kitchen, wardrobe. Table, storage , fridge and comfortable seating all in the same footprint as a teardrop . I call her 'Sweet Pea' and everyone loves it

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 6
The Romance of the road .....sunshine through the steering wheel

Hi Jonathan, thanks fort your past tips!
Love that steering wheel you have, so where the hell did you find that?
I've been looking out for one for about 2 years! :confused:

Jonathan, Last week I was given a lift by a Volvo owner. His No2 car is a Ford 105E Anglia which he uses to tow his Eriba Puck caravan around the country. I understand that the early unbraked Pucks were the lightest and more suitable for 2CVs and R4s? How true is that?

Hi Paul

The unbraked ones can only be a tad lighter. Mine is heavier as i have a fridge fitted now. I rebuilt the interior entirely. The veneer board I used has a thin MDF core heavier than the original ply cored veneer. However I no longer have a massive leisure battery and run all the internal electrics (LED lights) from a small lightweight nicad battery or even lighter and smaller polymer battery.
My sister now has one too and hers is lighter than mine mainly because mine is full up with all my camping stuff and Renault repair manual and the like :whistle:

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi Jonathan, thanks fort your past tips!
Love that steering wheel you have, so where the hell did you find that?
I've been looking out for one for about 2 years! :confused:
I was really really lucky. A guy on eBay had a wreck for sale which he had sold. I simply asked if he had any other stuff and after a while he came back with the answer I've got some boxes of junk.... That was it I was in the car! - bought a load off him for £100 he was chuffed but not as much as me as I got the steering wheel and dashboard and a great windscreen and several other bits all of which I used

You're in luck! Found on French Ebay .

This will fit s GTL splined shaft

Typical of my luck!
Went onto French eBay and the item has ended (I think just ran out of time, rather than purchased) but I'll keep looking.
Thanks though

Typical of my luck!
Went onto French eBay and the item has ended (I think just ran out of time, rather than purchased) but I'll keep looking.
Thanks though
Yes try EbayFR they do come up but often go for quite a bit of money

Email the seller - it may have timed out and not actually sold

Oh dear ----I think I may have over done it? I spent a good while squirting liquid Waxoyl into all the right places and now my lovely interior that smelled so 'period' like an R4 should.Now smells of parrafin !:o
Even in the very cold conditions it's not gone hard. Does it take time for the vapour to come off?

The holes into the chassis are still unplugged at the mo
And some interior decor panels above the rear wheel arches have yet to be fitted - these may close off some of the smell

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Typical of my luck!
Thanks though
Actually I think it is still available and it's very cheap as they often go for £100 email him

Jonathan, I've tried and tried to find that wheel, just can't find it, even using the link!
Any chance you might ring me?
07773431856. Cheers, Steve

Steve the dark brown translucent steering wheel like the eBay link I sent will fit. I'm pretty confident the lighter Amber / Ginger type steering wheels won't fit your column (like Malcolm used in his special)

Back