Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Camper conversion

Hmm I'm sure I've seen tiny folding caravans about but unsure how heavy they are. Even this Pod is much heavier than an Eriba Puck. You're right the unbraked Pucks are lighter. Do you intend travelling across the country Paul ie big distances?

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 0

Now this looks interesting.
Isn't it SMASHING! I remember our butcher when I was a child delivering sausages to mum on his way to his first holiday in one of those. It was dark green with a lighter green stripe down the side with grey slatted blinds in the back

Hmm I'm sure I've seen tiny folding caravans about but unsure how heavy they are. Even this Pod is much heavier than an Eriba Puck. You're right the unbraked Pucks are lighter. Do you intend travelling across the country Paul ie big distances?

I've not really given it a lot of thought Jonathan. I just like the idea of independence and not having to drive home the same day or seek out a B&B. I did drive my 2CV to a Citroen rally up near Amsterdam a few years ago and camped but I am through with camping. I've tried every foam mat, air bed and camp bed under the sun but always always had sleepless nights. That Pod is attractive but costs ten times what I paid for my R4. I have set my sights on a Cabanon Venus, a featherweight two-berth trailer tent which erects in seconds and doesn't need pegging down, but as ever, I'm looking for a bargain. I might even make it up to the Norfolk coast ;-)

Thats reminded me. There was a folding caravan for sale in Norwich (ebay) a while back on ebay. It was a 1930's affair and had been used behind an Austin 7 - The shape was not dissimilar to a 2CV with a big sweeping curve at the back. It was low sided with little windows and the roof lifted forming a vertical face for the canvas door in the back - see my quick drawing attached.

The concept was not dissimilar to the 'Caramel Queen' photo

Surely a man of your calibre could make such an affair?! - Full blown bed on the inside! Plus a beer cupboard of course

• A7 Cara.pdf
    2.6 KB · Views: 9
  • caramel queen.jpg
    caramel queen.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2
There's quite a bit about the 'Caramel Queen' on the UKCampsites forum. Build by a chap up North to be towed behind his 2CV, his widow got rid of it after he died. This has since been restored and modified. I rather like it.

Yeah the point is rather similar to my PDF drawing the whole thing goes up within its own footprint with no guy ropes to worry about . Quick deployment apres pub!

I love caravans ....what about this for an Austin 7 folds flat

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0
Look for a comanche petite, comfortable very light with built in bed off the floor up in less than 5 mins .I know it is a trailer tent but with the built in bed I found mine just the job for shows

Yes, you are right. I have the Comanche Petit in my bucket list along with a couple of other 2-berthers (Cabanon Venus). It's all quiet on eBay at the moment but I understand that February and March things pick up.

Hi Paul-have you tried searching for camper-trailers for motorcycles? There's some nice bit o' kits around and they're all lightweight -R.

Back