Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello from Portugal

Ricardo Mota

Enthusiast
Hi everyone!
I have a 1988 Renault 4 GTL i got from my grandmother that passed away last year. She bought it new at the time and even though she didn't have too much care with it, she didn't trash it either.
I plan to repaint it and treat the few rust spots it has. But until i find some trustworthy for the task, i'll take care of the small things myself.
I can still remember the 1st time i "drove" it. Actually an older cousin of mine was driving it, since i was too young at the time, and because she couldn't figure out how to shift i would do it from the passenger side. The memory pops up every time i take it out for a walk. Great times.
Just last month i also got a Mini from the family. But this one didn't run for the past 15 years so it will be a while until i can go for a ride in it.

• IMG_20160608_132053.jpg
    IMG_20160608_132053.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 4
Ricardo, Welcome. After the World 2CV Meeting in Ericeira, Portugal, 26-30 July, my wife and I shall probably drive north to Porto on our way back to Santander and the ferry home. I rather like a drop of port ;-)

Oh, i had no idea there was going to be a world wide 2CV meeting here. You should definitely make a stop for Porto wine :)

Ricardo, Welcome. After the World 2CV Meeting in Ericeira, Portugal, 26-30 July, my wife and I shall probably drive north to Porto on our way back to Santander and the ferry home. I rather like a drop of port ;-)

Not making any promises, Paul, but I shall try to get up there for that. It's about 3 hours from us in the Twingo (or 4 in a Quatrelle ..... ha-ha)

What will you be travelling in BTW ?

N.

Hi everyone!
I have a 1988 Renault 4 GTL i got from my grandmother that passed away last year. She bought it new at the time and even though she didn't have too much care with it, she didn't trash it either.
I plan to repaint it and treat the few rust spots it has. But until i find some trustworthy for the task, i'll take care of the small things myself.
I can still remember the 1st time i "drove" it. Actually an older cousin of mine was driving it, since i was too young at the time, and because she couldn't figure out how to shift i would do it from the passenger side. The memory pops up every time i take it out for a walk. Great times.
Just last month i also got a Mini from the family. But this one didn't run for the past 15 years so it will be a while until i can go for a ride in it.

Welcome Ricardo and Good Luck with your inheritance.
We love photographs on here.
N.

Not making any promises, Paul, but I shall try to get up there for that. It's about 3 hours from us in the Twingo (or 4 in a Quatrelle ..... ha-ha)

What will you be travelling in BTW ?

N.

My Renault 4GTL. We'll drive from Calais to Thenay for the R4 event, then cross France and Spain into Portugal. Ericeira is close to Lisbon.

My Renault 4GTL. We'll drive from Calais to Thenay for the R4 event, then cross France and Spain into Portugal. Ericeira is close to Lisbon.

Hi Paul,
I passed through last September. Hot & Hilly. Not a problem normally, but I was towing!

N.

Back