Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Tailgate Rubber fitting?

My wife purchased the rubber seals for her 4L as it hasn't got any fitted, now I presume the seals glue to the tailgate not the body of the car judging by glue remnants on it? Does anyone have a photo of seals in place, I have one long length, one shorter length and two 'L' shape parts?
Many tP1060938.JPG hanks

Hi Sooty yes the rubber is divided into sections with either attached (to one leg) ‘L’ shaped corners or all separate. You will need a small tin of Evo Stick and a stumpy paint brush with bristles about 25mm long. REHEARSE The fitting of the components and note how the rubber has to seat fully into the corner of the lip at the edge of the boot lid. When you are satisfied glue one leg at a time applying glue to boot lid then to the rubber. Let it go off a bit before you carefully push it home. I.e. the glue glues on contact hence the name. Work steadily around the edge being careful not to stretch or twist the rubber as you apply it. If you are using da replica rubber it’s possible it will be a bit over long on the bottom edge. If so wait till it’s reallg thoroughly dry and trim off very carefully with a very sharp blade using a sawing action.

Thanks guys.

Andy is the long part of the 'L' shaped seal run along the bottom edge of tailgate? can't quite make it out your photo?
Cheers

I replaced mine last year with replacement from franzose... Just get the right glue, masking take and patience

Back