Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1960s roof rack wanted

Picked up the old roof rack yesterday from Daras. It didn't quite fit at first but once I got home, a butane blow torch and club hammer and it's fine. Off to the powder coaters next week. As I was in Worthing I called in to see Mr.Reno. Chaos ensued so I didn't stay long. Renee enjoyed the drive humming along like a turbine at 65-70mph. An evening of live music and real ale at our local micropub, the Cellars Alehouse in Maidstone, finished the day off nicely

Apologies for the lack of tea and biscuits bit too much going on when you arrived
I could of course delivered it to Kent meeting had we been better organised

Bet Paul was extra thirsty and had to have an extra pint in his favourite micro pub

Worthing is an interesting town. I'd never seen so many shops selling old bikes and secondhand fridges and freezers. My guide book mentions a micropub in Worthing, the Anchored, 27 West Buildings, and the Brooksteed Alehouse in South Farm Road................but I couldn't get out of the fast enough. See you tomorrow Paul ;-)

Paul, I forgot to mention that Daras has a pair of R4 rear doors if you are interested.

That looks really nice!!

Do the feet that rest in the channel have little rubber or plastic covers to protect your body work?

They will have short lengths of poly tubing on the ends and the four threaded 'hooks' with wingnuts, rubber pads. I'm unsure what if anything I shall use the roof rack for but carrying a pair of bikes seems likely.

Back