Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1985 Renault R4 F6 restoration project

new fuel tank installation after painful fuel problems

;)
After I checked that the fuel gauge is working properly I completed the installation of the fuel tank.
:D

I think I will prepare my "old" fuel tank as well.
I still have more than half a Litre of the expensive POR15 tank sealer and all the chemicals so it would be a shame not to use them as intended.
I'm sure in the Renault4 world there will be someone out there in need of a properly restored fuel tank. ;)

Hi DavidN; i can imagine how do you feel, my case migth be even worse.
Two times i could drive 15kms, after it oly one or five kilometers and aways fuel supply would stop.I have used 1-2 or even 3 filters, before and after a new fuel pump without any further succes.
I finally (after my wife told to) ordered a new tank+sender from Franzöze(my car is a 1977 model).
I hope after this it will run fine.I have had brownish water based dirt+brownish dry dirt and now finally also black dry dirt in the filters.I mean they clogg in five minutes.I migth start the engine but then it stops.Can be also clogged filter inside tank, but not a clogged filter inside carburettor, because i lost it while blowing parts with air.Yes, i have cleaned carb plus all jets with pressure air, solvet etc many times.Can be additionally some leaking rubber hose connections in the tank end, others i had to change after new petrol E85 burn all rubbers to no good.

After my POR15 treatment I have no problem whatsoever. :D
I could even sell the second fuel tank and got all my expenses covered.

Can you let me know where did you by the Rear brake kit from (all parts shown in your picture without cylinder and cable)

Hello DavidN! Tell me please, what brand of your tires and what is their size?

hi really enjoyed reading this thread,I've just picked up my 85 F6 project,and will be starting work on her soon. will be re reading this on several occasions. thank you. Roy.

Back