Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1990 Renault 4 Savane - Sold

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Have a look at http://www.renault4.co.uk/blanche.htm for rebuild photos.

The special thing about this car is it has mostly brand new mechanical bits (exhaust, tyres, dampers, balljoints, brakes, radiator, waterpump, clutch, engine rebuild and all that sort of stuff). It drives rather well as a result.

The bodywork is good, with excellent paint, but there are some dings in the RH apex panel (triangular bit behind the front wing) and in the bumpers. See photos. The chassis is average - it'll probably need some work in a few years but should be fine for MOTs for some years especially if the car is kept in a garage.

The car is currently French registered. I should complete the UK registration process in the next month or so. It already has a UK MOT so just needs the form filling. I'm posting now just in case anyone wants a car to take to France (in which case this would be a rare French registered car that has had the French mechanicing sorted out).

I'm looking for £2000 either French registered (be quick), or in a month or so with UK registration (H plate). Feel free to come and have a look. I'm based beside the A1 close to Bedford.

• blanch-front-large.jpg
    blanch-front-large.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 22
  • blanch-side-large.jpg
    blanch-side-large.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 19
  • blanche-rear-large.jpg
    blanche-rear-large.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 19
  • blanche-interior-large.jpg
    blanche-interior-large.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 20
  • blanche-engine-large.jpg
    blanche-engine-large.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 23
Lovely Car Malcolm.
The Head Gasket went on mine the other day just outside Bath on my way back to Devon.
So painful work lies ahead.
Good luck with the sale I am sure it will fly.

You might be alright - if you have water in your oil then normally head gasket failure is just that - follow the manual instructions and tap it off sideways to avoid disturbing liners, then get the head skimmed and crack tested, then sort whatever got it hot in the first place. If no water in oil it's probably not the head gasket. I suspect the French mechanics disturbed the liners on this car when they were doing the head gasket so I had to rebuild the engine. Much more of a pain.

Not to familiar with the tl spec does this share the same gear and diff ratio? As the 1108 gtl

If engine inside TL is 1108 than yes.....if it has smaller engine 850 (or even 750) than no.

It's got a 956cc engine which is based on the 1108 block. I think the gearing is a bit lower than the GTL.

Back