Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

60's wreck for sale

Stuart Delahoy

Enthusiast
Anybody else watching this? Will buy it to save the rare bits if no one else wants it...s-l500 (1).jpg

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 15
It's painful to see this, but not for the obvious reason. There are so many R4s around here that many of my neighbors just tell me that, if I need a part, I can take one from any one of theirs that is unregistered and sitting behind the barn.
I'm wondering when some of you Brits will come down here on a 'shopping trip' before Brexit :)
Seriously, I'll help arrange things on this end....

Thankfully I have just about everything I need for my car, with the exception of a pair of front wings and a rear wing and I imagine I will be able to buy these at Thenay in July. Better I think than sending them through the post.

Um, don't think my last message got through??
I'm interested in buying the vent flap from you (under the front window).Will pay hansomly for it, just let me know if you are interested in selling it?
Thanks

Um, don't think my last message got through??
I'm interested in buying the vent flap from you (under the front window).Will pay hansomly for it, just let me know if you are interested in selling it?
Thanks
Hi
Its not in bad condition and its yours if I can remove it.
How do they come off?
Do you drift the hinge pin out?
Thanks
Stuart

Stuart, the whole top is a hinge it slides of like the bonnet of a 2cv

Wow, Great, Like the man says, detach the flap, lift it and it should just slide out sideways?
The mechanism inside I think is self explanatory?
Many thanks, Steve

Any news on the 'Vent Flap'?
Keen to sort it with you, thanks, Steve

Any news on the 'Vent Flap'?
Keen to sort it with you, thanks, Steve

Good man!
When you need details for postage etc, call Steve: 0777-343-1856
Many thanks.

Stuart If your destroying the bodyshell Stuart might appreciate the bulkhead complete below the screen carrying the other half of the flap hinge as the shaping is different on a GTL too

Thanks for the suggestion Jonathan. You mean if Stuart cuts the piece out, that the flap attaches to, I can lay it straight in. See where you are going, Nice!
Hopefully you've got the gist of that Stuart? Thanks again.

Hi Stuart, any more news on the Vent Flap, Matey?
No hurry, just staying in touch.
Thanks, Steve

Back