Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Alloy wheels for r4

Azazello

habitué
I found this wheels for sale on the web:

http://www.subito.it/accessori-auto/renault-matera-9563060.htm

The vendor said that they can be delivered to my house (quite far from the location of the wheels) by Poste Italiane for 25 euros. Is it a good price (175 euros for 4 alloy wheels door-delivered)? Is the first time I see 4/13 wheels for sale, usually I find 5-5,5/13 wheels at about 200-300 euros...

This web site has no feedback system, as ebay, so I have to trust the vendor without seeing the wheels (only the photo on the site above...).

He also commented that they are good, no dented, but should be repainted. Is it difficult to repaint alloy wheels? Could be made at home with some basic tool (perhaps sand paper and spray can)?

I like these wheels becouse they are thinner than the r5 ones, in 4" I should be able to mount a 135 tyre... Am I right?

Any advice is wellcome.

These were original equipment wheels on the Renault 5TX, you should have no problem mounting a 135 tyre on these.

I thought they were for r4... of course they will fit, but... Are there aloy wheels specifically for r4 or, everyone i could find, is only a mutuation from the "rich brother" r5?
Just a curiosity.

Andrea scripsit.

I think Renault did Boutique, wheels for the Renault 4/5 range. I've seen some lovely different designs on a web page somewhere. The PCD (this is the distance between the bolts) is of course the same on the 5 as it is the 4.

Another doubt: do I need particular nuts as for the alpine wheels to mount these or I should be able to use the nuts I already have on my ordinary wheels?

Andrea scripsit.

You'll need the same wheel nuts as the Alpine wheels. The Renault 4 wheel nuts will damage the wheels and might fall off.

I think those TX wheels are 5 inch, same as the Alpine wheels. It is possible to fit 135 tyres but they look a bit silly.

It says 4,00x13... I thought those numbers were the width (4 inches) and the diameter (13 inches)... I am almost certain about the second...

Andrea scripsit.

Hi, I bought alpine turbo R5 wheels 5,5x13 ET25 (3x130). Which tyre dimension I can put on? Somewhere is written that I can put 155/70/13 tyre, but on most tyres websides 165 mm is minimal dimension for 5,5. Is R4 1.1 (34HP) enough powerful for 165/65/13?

I am driving Alpine rims with 155/70/13 tire, which was original dimension for R5 with that rims.

I have no problem with it.
And it won't touch rear wheel arches.

Back