Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Any garage recommendations - Hampshire / Dorset

Richnd1974

Enthusiast
Morning all :-) I have decided that I will look into someone else replacing the gearbox oil seal and drive shaft seals on my R4 - save me the time and then I can crack on with the less oily bits.
Does anyone have any good recommendations for mechanics in Dorset / Hampshire ?

You are 85.4 miles from Worthing. Give Paul Cunningham (Mr.Reno) a call on 01903-233476. 96 Station Road, Worthing, W.Sussex BN11 1JY.

There is a Guy called Brian Whiteside in Poole, he could know of a place, should be able to get hold of him via the Renault Owners Club I think.
Then its either Paul (Mr.Reno ((so need to steal his yellow R4 again, SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE!))) or Derek of Renospeed.

Anyone know what it would cost in labour and sundries to replace the crankshaft oil seal and clutch assuming I supplied the bits?

Hi Richard. Excuse me I did not read your post right.
I thought you were doing the replacement of the clutch yourself.

Maybe you should try Renospeed or Paul Cunningham.

But if you are brave you do both yourself.
I can do the whole operation in about 5 hours. But I did several already.

If you undertake a clutch change. These 2 seals are a 5 minute job you can do yourself.
If you have the clutch of the flywheel, undo the flywheel (5 bolts) Behind the flywheel you find the crank seal. Put a screw in to it and pry it out. Put the new one in by gently tapping it in with wooden mallet. The same goes for the camshaft seal.
After replacing the crank seal put the flywheel back in place. There is only 1 way to put it back.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back