Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Buyer beware.

nigel burrows

Enthusiast
Well what a carry on.!!! I bought my 1979 ren4 via spain, the chap said its had new floors. Just get m o t
And new reg and bobs yer uncle. Well it had new floors allright. Four, riveted one on top of the other with orange mud inbetween. After the initial suprise and irritation, i decided to press on. And not go back to the seller. Got new floors from der franzos. During the cutting out we discoverd a four foot long mouse nest in a chassis rail. Then tons of set mud behind the front bulkhead. Plus at least one cans worth of expanding foam. The words buyer beware floated through my mind...... Again. We have allmost got a solid car now, just ball joints then try for a mot. Fingers crossed.

All best. Nigel

Good morning Nigel,
Welcome to the Forum.

"the chap said ....."

Please inform us of the seller's name and location so the unsuspecting and trusting, can give him a wide berth!
Best of luck as you go forward,
Neil

Good morning Nigel,
Welcome to the Forum.

"the chap said ....."

Please inform us of the seller's name and location so the unsuspecting and trusting, can give him a wide berth!
Best of luck as you go forward,
Neil
Finding a nest in a chassis rail or a side sill is very common, if the foam was at both ends of the rail then it was put there by Renault and causes severe rust problems in R4s and 16

Back