Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

carby Weber 32 Dir -21

reidalpine

Enthusiast
:waving: Hola amigos! A question re.Weber 32 Dir-21 . Roffen runs good without some of the rubber-hoses
(recirculation/anti-polution system)
I blanked off the 90-degree spout on the manifold,since trying to connect that to any of the 2 out/in(?)
spouts on the carb..(itting each side of the petrol-in spout) didn't do any good
Connecting one or both of these to the one on the manifold-Both with and without the 1,4mm nozzle in it made the motor erratic and just wanted to run when pedal held in.if let off, the motor died..

If anyone on here has a photo or illustration where all these hoses are supposed to be connected I would
be greatful!
A pointer to Connecting hoses for dummies would also be ok :whistle:

-I have a KN-filter so no connectors on there either..
Never thought I'd agree with the Top Gear-trio re.environment,but must confess I'm starting to see their point after lots of attempts w. no luck.. -Reid.

Hi mojobaby! Thanx for tip,I've had a look at your previous post,but it looks All different from my set-up so unfortunately no big help to me.
I've Never seen that contraption you have on there,but if it works that's wnat matters right? Thanx again/-Reid.

Here are a few pictures - click to make them bigger. If you get stuck I have more. The connection to the rear of the manifold goes to the brake servo without restrictor (the servo doesn't leak) the one to the side under the carb has a restrictor. Most of the rest seem to be to do with the finer points of emissions or carb venting and don't seem to do much harm.

• DSCF6751.JPG
    DSCF6751.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF6752.JPG
    DSCF6752.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF6506.JPG
    DSCF6506.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF6508.JPG
    DSCF6508.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 22
Thanx So much for these piccies Malcolm... Please have a bit (more) patience with me will you..

Pic.1
Hose seen going into intake-manifold (routed across valvecover) -Does it come from oil-filler funnel?
-this the one that should have a 1,3mm restrictor inside yes?
(is there supposed to be another restrictor involved somewhere in here too? in case-Which tube and
which hole-size ?

Pic.2
Hose seen going into (centre part of) intake-manifold -Comes from where?

Pic.3
Hose seen going into airfilter (tubing to carb) It comes from carb..
I have 2 of these (internally connected inside carb) Placed each side of Petrol-in to carb... They must be
petrol-vapour out,so I guess I could connect them by Y or T-piece before connecting to airfilter Yes?

Pic.4
I need to drill & install a spout on underside of K&N airfilter-housing (to connect to oil-filler funnel on
valve-cover As seen on your pic.4

-I have a spout mounted low down on side (carb side)of valve-cover.It was crimped b4 but only blocked
now.There is also an oil-deflector/splat-guard inside valve-cover where spout is.so this must be for oil-
vapour escape I think.
-can I connect via Y or T-piece to same in-spout as on pic.2 ?? I have seen manifolds with 2 separate
inlet-spouts,but I've just got the one..

Finally:
I can't for the life of me,remember what the correct word for "spouts" are..:doh: -Please enlighten!! -Reid

Last edited:
Ah!-I jumped your text,so now it's clear I don't need to connect the one going to the rear part of manifold (Pic.1)
simply as I haven't got a servo.
I would still need some clarifications re the others Please.. Thanx again/-Reid.

The big pipe from the middle of the manifold goes to the oil filler and has a restrictor. A pipe from there goes to the air inlet pipe, and one from there to the float chamber vent.

It sounds like yours benefits from more emissions gear than mine. The Gordini engine has more air connections to the top of the carb. One of them went to the air filter housing and the other to the plastic part on top of the carb. http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/threads/gordini-engine-into-r4.7725/#post-49015

Thanx again Malcolm. Some confusion as this weber DIR 32 -21 has some "odd" spouts etc. but I think I have the general idea by now.
I finally found the hose between oil-filler and air-filter should have a 6,5mm.restrictor in it -Reid.

Back