Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

carte gris

vortex

Enthusiast
Hi guys - I'm after a bit of help. I have recently bought a R4 F6 as a project car over here in France. Now it gets interesting, the guy I bought the car from didn't put the CG into his name as he only used the car for static advertising. When he bought the car, the person he bought from wrote on the CG the date of the sale and the name of the person he sold it to. What I need to know is, with this information on the CG can I get the CG changed into my name and how would I go about this? Looking forward to your help. Cheers, Roy.

In a word No.You need the certificate de cessation ,a certificate from the owner signed by him,(he is then liable for the tax) and a current C T and insurance, plus a very nice person in the Prefecture to help !! But now it is all done on line so i think it may be very hard ,Bonne chance

In a word No.You need the certificate de cessation ,a certificate from the owner signed by him,(he is then liable for the tax) and a current C T and insurance, plus a very nice person in the Prefecture to help !! But now it is all done on line so i think it may be very hard ,Bonne chance
thanks for getting back to me,was hoping for good news, but guessed that wouldn't happen. this vehicle is not road worthy at the moment. so no CT,bought as a project and has been off road for at least two years, cheers Roy

Hi there. I'm also in France, and have heard of this sort of thing happening. One route might be to ask a local, friendly garage for some help. Some will probably have a direct contact at the departmental prefecture, and be able to work out a way round the problem for you. It might still take quite a while, but is possibly a route worth exploring. Good luck.

Back