Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

chrome strip

rolemin

Enthusiast
Has anybody got a spare chrome trim for a 1986 R4 GTL .I know I can get from Der Franzose but thought would try closer to home first

Do you mean the chrome U-section gutter trim or the chrome strip which goes along the side of the car? I sent off for some chrome strip but what arrived was the plain chrome trim and not the U-section I had hoped for. eBay is your friend provided you carefully read the advert ;-)

Hi Rolemin

As both your cars are GTL's i think you must mean a gutter trim? - this is best bought new - likewise the window trim and the bit around the grille
all these should be gettable from Amazon or ebay. But Halfords do sell chrome trim too. Its a domed section and would probably fit around the grille ok
I do have a single rear wing waist band trim (original) if thats any good. (And several other bits put aside for you- home this eve Fri if you want to pop over)

Sorry guys I should have put more info, my fault not thinking in to much of a hurry,what I need is the chrome trim that goes around rear window

Yup I have some but not spare . You can see the profile though. I suspect this is a bit more special so will mean der franzose. HOWEVER! I do have my original one which has turned brown maybe paint it silver? I have chrome spray too ( well it says that on the tin! )

Woolies trim do a generic infill which is slightly larger than the original but fits and stays on OK. I used them on the Renault 5. You'll also need the inserting tool.

Yes I heard about tool but luckily enough I know 2 mates who have them

Yup I have some but not spare . You can see the profile though. I suspect this is a bit more special so will mean der franzose. HOWEVER! I do have my original one which has turned brown maybe paint it silver? I have chrome spray too ( well it says that on the tin! )
Thanks Johnathon I hope to get to yours next Friday

Sorry guys I should have put more info, my fault not thinking in to much of a hurry,what I need is the chrome trim that goes around rear window
I got some of this trim from my friend Matt (google "Matt's Soft Tops"), who makes roofs for 2CVs. He uses it for the rear window (which is set into the roof material): It has a triangular profile, so needs the point removed (easily) with a stanley knife, then it fits perfectly. If you tell Matt the length you need, he can post it to you.

Now you're engulfed with responses I'll add one more:D

Here is a photo of the trim supplied by Der X Franzose and the article number

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 0
Back