Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Condenser Hell

MrMick

Enthusiast
Hello to all, thought i be good to the old Girl and treat her to some points and condenser (the 4 not the wife). off i went and fitted them only for 2 days later , non start . checked everything and still no joy, after more checks and double checks. put back the old condenser and bingo. up she fired, happy days again. mike :D

Last edited:
I've had this too, even worse are the rotor arms which the insulation breaks down on once hot becoming a fault which is very difficult to diagnose!

Keep an eye out for new old stock parts and buy them up...

......just an idea as well - I once changed the condenser/points etc, but mistakenly put the slotted points connector upside-down on the insulated bolt through to the condenser, where it connects inside the dizzy. This meant that when the centrifugal advance rotated the points assembly, one of the slidey earth-contacts of this assembly shorted out the upside-down points lug when the advance was enough. Took a while to find that problem; it ran lovely at tickover!

hello Adam, still runs ok at tick over, after all the checks and new bits still runs bad , dwell angle is up and down and now i have decided to get a new dissy , will let you know what outcome is when its fitted, many thanks for all the tips from all of you .:clapping:(points,cap ,rotor, leads, plugs coil, condenser) bits that have been changed

hello all, changed dissy and she runs great , like a new car hip hip.:clapping:( got it from mr Auto) starts on the button, runs great. no more Femsa . regards mikexx

Last edited:
sorry i took so long to reply , car going well now and at £71 pounds worth it, also points will be lot less hassle to do than on the old Femsa unit:clapping:

Back