Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

cracking from right side wheel

R4L_addicted

Enthusiast
Hello,
My name is Herbert from Austria and come with a beginner question:
I have right front in the overdrive of ground waves (steering direction does'nt matter) a cracking noise.
The guide joints are made new 1 year ago and after replacing the old ones there was no cracking sound.

I am grateful for every reference and will, as soon as I am at the PC, also introduce me more precisely.

Herbert

hi Herbert - does the cracking sound stop if you press the brake-pedal lightly? I have trouble with rattling brake-shoes, which disappears when I touch the brakes. Just an idea !

hi,
thank you for your reply, unfortunately same behavior, with or without braking.
Herbert

AdamWikles wrote:
hi Herbert - does the cracking sound stop if you press the brake-pedal lightly? I have trouble with rattling brake-shoes, which disappears when I touch the brakes. Just an idea !

hello,
how did you solve the problem? new one? with new disks and brakes it seams that I have the same problem

Herbert

AdamWikles wrote:

hello,
how did you solve the problem? new one? with new disks and brakes it seams that I have the same problem

Herbert
Sorry for the long delay in replying! My brakes no longer rattle - the flat springs that hold the front pads down inside the calipers had grown flatter than needed - I re-bent them a little to bear down more firmly & rattling gone.

Back