Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Diamond headlining wanted

Simon Sapsted

Enthusiast
Hi , after our trip to Thenay in recently almost finished R4 Gordini noticed on later cars a nice diamond shape preformed headlining (much easier to fit than early type)Does anyone have a spare one for sale? Sussex area preferred. Ring Simon on 07905421581.Thanks..;)

In mainland Europe there are quite a few around. I can have a look if you like.

The one in my Sinpar was a bit tatty, but it cleaned up nicely with a fresh coat of white spray paint.
I think they do €25 to 35.

I can bring one to the next Kent meeting if you can wait that long.

Hi , after our trip to Thenay in recently almost finished R4 Gordini noticed on later cars a nice diamond shape preformed headlining (much easier to fit than early type)Does anyone have a spare one for sale? Sussex area preferred. Ring Simon on 07905421581.Thanks..;)
Hi Harbourseal thanks for your kind offer , will contact you if I cannot track one down in UK. Regards Simon

Hi. I have the one piece plastic ceiling with diamond pattern in my 85 basic R4. I have repaired it ( it had a hole in it, and i have glued and filled it and resprayed it) . I am about to put it back in tomorrow, with some reflective insulation blanket above it, in an effort to reduce heat into the car from the sun. I am using Actis multi foil building insulation, same quilted stuff you see on satellites. If you contact them and speak nicely, or spot someone using it and and beg a 2m length. Will let you know how it works. I know it works in buildings, I have used it in roofs, and it keeps to solar heat out, so I hope it works on the R4 cos theres no AC button on the dash!!

The ceiling is made of a plastic similar to UPVC, and so is repairable with the right glue, it can be filled, and painted. It seems a lot easier to deal with than the fabric one.

Back