Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Fitting radio speakers in a F4.

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Somewhere I have seen an article on fittting speakers into the lower area adjacent to the front edge of the door.
Anyone done this at all?
All comments etc appreciated
Thanks

yep-use a piece of cardboard,copy the shape of the "hole" down there,then use a pice of cardboard or sheetmetal.find deepest spot and drill out the hole for yor speakers,the rearmost part (following the front of doorframe) you can pry a little inside so you wont have to drill holes to fasten the panel. top part of panel you
bend outwards to be held in place.
Remember tho' as speakers will be mounted low you will need to bring up the volume quite a bit to be able to listen.
if you use speakers (2 0r 3ways) there is ones where you can angle or point the tweeters to your ears..
mine is set of a 4 speaker system so they just fill in a bit..

Best place to put speakers in my opinion would be in the frontmost part of extended roof then they will end up out of the way ,nicely behind and rear of your ears
so low volume is sufficiant. if you have to cranc up volume on most car-stereos you end up listening to at least 10% distortion... -Reid

I have speakers in the A-panel areas at each side of thefootwell and also pointing back into the cargo space in the roof.
I can post some photos of the A-panel speakers when I am back in England

IMG_1694.JPG IMG_1735.JPG

Back