Fixing Rear section R4 F4 exhaust pipe

1. Tomcat

Tomcat Enthusiast

Assistance please. Renewing the exhaust system on my F4 van. Looking to clarify the fixing to body of the rear section of the pipe just before the angled section by the rear wheel.

The existing rubber bobbin has perished and I believe the top fixing is inside the van. On mine this is covered with carpeting. Will I have to strip out this carpeting to access the fixing?

Picture of internal fiixing would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. harbourseal

harbourseal Renault R4 Lunatic

Hi Tom,

The bobbin fixes in a pre drilled hole in the floor just before the last box section. Just lift the carpet and unscrew the nut.
    Its more or less plug and play.

3. Tomcat

Tomcat Enthusiast

Hello Robert
    Thanks for your comment. It was as I expected but before I pulled the carpet away needed to make sure. Carpet is stuck to floor.
    Regards
    Tom

4. mr-reno-139

mr-reno-139 AKA Paul Cunningham

If yoI've got factory toolbox behind front seats it will be inside there hiding in corner
    Be aware the routing of pipe ' different on later cars running 100 mm inboard compared to early pre 92 vehicles
    Some ex catalogues fail to mention this resulting in wrong parts supplied

harbourseal likes this.
  5. Tomcat

Tomcat Enthusiast

Hello Paul
    Hope eye is recovering quickly.
    Thanks for information. Previous owner had covered the interior in 15mm plywood screwed into stringers across width of vehicle. Took hours to get screws out of the section I suspected fixing was under. No success. Then with family matters and now the snow, investigation has not proceeded as quickly as I hoped. I will check out the toolbox area asap. Thanks.
    Regards
    Tom

Advertisements
Clementine's Garage
Clementine's
Renault 4 Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles