Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Foggy windows

petak

Enthusiast
Hello to all!

Rainy days and nights are started and i am struggling with foggy windows inside R4.
Especially left side (drivers side).

Problem is bigger if i am driving 4 people in car.
Quite soon i am not capable to see clearly out on side and rear windows.
Front windows is reasonable clean as fan is blowing air on it.

On longer drive (more than 15min constant drive - not in town) i got half front side widows visible.
But rest is fog.

How do you fight with this problem?

Thank you for reading!

Not much you can really do. On a wet day you will have damp clothes etc, which will increase the moisture in the air. The 4 does not have any through flow, so the option of running a draught through the car to clear condensation is not available. You can get anti fog liquids which you spray or wipe onto the inside of the windows, which may help. Cracking the windows open may also help. Make sure that the inside of the car is as dry as possible, you can get bags of absorbent material which will dry the atmosphere and help dehumidify your car interior so that it at least starts dry. When they start to feel damp, then you put them in a microwave or on a radiator to dry them out for re-use.

You can run a draught its possible with the front airinlet fully open, heater fan at maximum and the rear windows opened in first position. I drove many many years of rainy days and winters in my frogland The Netherlands', and many winter passes in the mountains in Haut-Alpes, Switserland, Austria, and never had any severe foggy windows. Ordinary (bbq) charcoal is also a great humidity magnet

Thank you guys!

I have put shaving foam on windows, and it looks it works. Now it is much better.

Last two days we had heavy rain, and my windows are clean.
Today i will have big test. Need to drive kids to their sport. 4 person in car plus rain.

I saw it on youtube!

Here

Some people say silicon sand for cats is great absorbent.

The R4 has no air extraction so the moist air stays in there. I'm tempted to add some vents at the rear on mine. I don't drive in the winter, but it would help with wind noise too.

Try opening one of the rear windows a little!

Yes jjad....it smells so fresh inside now.

harbourseal......it really works. NOw it is question how long will last. And how often need to reaply.

Malcolm....i remember you have mentioned those vents before. Opening one window do help a lot.

Back