Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Fram Air filter strap

Richnd1974

Enthusiast
Anyone one of these I could buy off them I've snapped mine, it's the three prong rubber strap that holds the filter on

• Screenshot_20170630-213634.png
    Screenshot_20170630-213634.png
    482.2 KB · Views: 0
I snapped the rubber strap that holds the coolant bottle. I cut up an inner tube and made a neat join with rivets, maybe you could do the same if you don't find one

Just ordered a couple of sets just in case they break again.. thanks Andy - top site :-)

Sadly the part has gone end of life on the genuine Renault site so I am back to square one....

That's a shame - it's always a pain when sites advertise parts they don't actually have!
I found this on a French site - again, no idea whether they still have it, but it's worth a try. There's a secondhand one on the same site. Best to check the part number too.

www.palace-de-lancienne.com/products/sangle-neuve-de-maintien-de-boite-a-air-en-plastique/

I'm pretty sure the early Mark 2 fives (and the derived vans) used the same strap - might be worth a look in your local scrapyard. Or maybe someone going to Thenay could keep an eye out for one there?

I have attempted to purchase it from the site... lets see what comes back tomorrow via e-mail :-)

Back