Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Front Wing Replacement

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Hello there
Have just finished removing the front LHD wing looking from drivers seat.
Fairly straightforward but couple of points I would like to clarify please?

1. The replacement wings purchased from Melun Retro Passion have holes drilled for the 2 No: bolts for the Bumper Bow [love handles] how does one remove the existing plate and 2 bolts please?

2. Where can one purchase replacement spire nuts please.

Some welding work needed to the top of the inner wing as well. DSC00192.JPG

• DSC00181.JPG
    DSC00181.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00183.JPG
    DSC00183.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 5
You could cut the love handle studs off with an angle grinder. I don't bother - I think I have some on my '67 and they don't do any harm.

The spire nuts are quite long. I ended up buying them from Renault at an extortionate price but that was nearly 10 years ago. If the old ones are any good paint them and use them again.

Looks like you can patch the inner wing- no need for a repair panel.

You could cut the love handle studs off with an angle grinder. I don't bother - I think I have some on my '67 and they don't do any harm.

The spire nuts are quite long. I ended up buying them from Renault at an extortionate price but that was nearly 10 years ago. If the old ones are any good paint them and use them again.

Looks like you can patch the inner wing- no need for a repair panel.
OK points noted. Thanks.

Did the other side today.
Surround in better if not perfect condition.

• DSC00193 (2).jpg
    DSC00193 (2).jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00195.JPG
    DSC00195.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 3
I used bumper bolts with the domed flattish heads for the love handles . It worked a treat as the bolt heads are well clear of the bonnet edge as it opens and closes. I re used all my spire bolts and those I salvaged from an old body shell - local car shop did have them but slightly different pattern

I used bumper bolts with the domed flattish heads for the love handles . It worked a treat as the bolt heads are well clear of the bonnet edge as it opens and closes. I re used all my spire bolts and those I salvaged from an old body shell - local car shop did have them but slightly different pattern
I managed to save most of the spire bolts but do need 2 new ones. I had assumed I would be able to get similar if not identical replacements.

Back