Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Glueing door seals on any tips

Richnd1974

Enthusiast
I'm using this glue, done one door but any tips as to using this glue, door one is OK but seals seem large and need to push the door onto the latch hopefully with use they will squeeze up

• 20170427_153120.jpg
    20170427_153120.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 2
  • 20170427_144915.jpg
    20170427_144915.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20170427_144921.jpg
    20170427_144921.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi Richnd.
-did you get the correct type of seals? They need to be the Hollow type as the Solid ones tends to be Too thick and also hard to get to close nicely.
If your glue is a contact-glue type you need to put it on both seals and surface where seals are to go. Give it a few minutes to produce "skin"
then you can slide the seals to correct position,tape them up and/or close door carefully to make good bond.Let sit for atleast a day b4 you check
-If you wait longer than a few minutes b4 you attach seals to surface contact-glue will bite AT ONCE and you will not be able to slide or move in-
to correct position.... Hope it works out! -Reid.

Thanks, yes purchased the hollow ones from Franzose, set of 4 for the doors and two bits for the boot lid. The glue I am not sure what type it is, it came from Franzose but I will try that tomorrow on the next door, add a coat to each surface then wait and then stick it on. I will untape the first door later and see what it looks like before I proceed to the next one, the seals do seem a little large but I think they will re form in size once the doors are in regular use and when it gets warmer. What they have done though is close up the gaps between the door and frame so it should reduce the wind noise and fumes entering the cabin.

Good luck! I discovered that having 4 hands makes the job a lot easier ;) Sounds like you ordered the same as I did from Franzose. Yes, the seals do compress after a bit of use. Most have stayed glued in position, only came off around the corners so pay attention there! Have fun...?

Back