Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Good garage

Albain

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum so I will start with a little presentation.

I am French, living in Towcester and have a Renault 4 TL. I originally bought the car for the 4L Trophy but kept it afterward as I really love it.

The car was slightly prepared before the trophy (Rear suspension from a 4L van, silencer moved into the front wing, new dampers and increased ground clearance). This work was done by Renov 4L (http://www.renov4l21.fr, I recommend it if you are in France, he can also supply parts). The engine had to be changed after the trophy and use a GTL one (again by renov4L but I have to check to be sure).

I then came to the UK for study but bringing the 4L with me, 4 years ago now.

Unfortunately the car is sitting in my garage due to a problem with the engine: the coolant is going to the sump pan and mixing with the oil (not good). The head gasket has been changed so it shouldn't be the problem. I was told that it could be the gasket at the bottom of the liners.

Does anyone know a good garage near Towcester/MK to look after my lovely R4?

As I am leaving permanently in the UK, the car has to get British license plate, does anyone have some tips/advice to get the plate on my R4 (so I can put it back on the road!!!) ?

Thank you

Albain

You could try John's Motors, just up the road from you. They normally do our MOT check and have done some minor servicing.

They've got a trailer, so might be able to collect the car from you.

Welcome to the forum!

If you want to cheat this definitely works
Holt's wonder weld
Had same scenario with f6
4 years later still working
More info if needed

That's not cheating! At least not these days anyways. All the current manufacturers use those sorts of things on new car production, believe it or not. The current generation of thin wall castings and high temperature extremes have pretty much mandated it.

Albain, Welcome to the forum.

We like photos here !

Good look for you, i believe you will solve your problems.

Thanks for all the answer, I'll probably give it a go for John's Motor as there are some other jobs to be done on the car. I'll have to clean my car before taking any pictures, it is quite dusty :whistle:

Back