Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Gtl for sale rust free lhd project

Stuart Delahoy

Enthusiast
Fresh in from the south of France this project is rock solid. Its been standing now so bring a fresh battery and some tlc and it will run and drive.
The mileage is high, over 200,000km, so expect some wear and as I remember the brakes feel as if they are made of wood!
Its all original and rust free on the chassis and body, with the exception of the back edge of the boot floor. Damp has been trapped under the tailgate seal.
The car was on the road in France until recently as a workhorse so expect a well used car, not a pampered classic.
I love R4's and have owned over 20 and have 4 earlier examples, so I know where to look and what to look for.
When you see this you will never want to try and restore a rusty one again.
Shiply will deliver for you, get a quote from LE4.
Cash on collection or bank transfer please.
I will do the NOVA for the buyer.
£1999...

Hi very interested would you take £1500.00 for a quick sale if you still have it. If you did sell what would the position be from a legal point insurance and road tax sorted by me what about the rest.

Cant do 1500, but will work a bit on the price for you.
Don't quite understand the rest of your question.
Its illegal to drive a foreign registered car, that you own, on Uk roads.
You must transport it, mot it, then you can insure and register it. All quite straight forward, I have done it half a dozen times.
Thanks
Stuart

Ok thanks for your reply do you still have it. If so i will find someone to help me collect. Sorry if my message was not clear but buying an import is new to me cheers.

Hi Stuart, You are slightly mistaken here

"Its illegal to drive a foreign registered car, that you own, on Uk roads.
You must transport it, mot it, then you can insure and register it."

I have a business trade policy and it covers me to drive foreign cars. I know this because i pay extra for it. I drive my Clan on french plates everyday and avoid the odd parking ticket.

Hi Stuart, You are slightly mistaken here

"Its illegal to drive a foreign registered car, that you own, on Uk roads.
You must transport it, mot it, then you can insure and register it."

I have a business trade policy and it covers me to drive foreign cars. I know this because i pay extra for it. I drive my Clan on french plates everyday and avoid the odd parking ticket.

Another exception to Stuart's quotation.
We hope to arrive in the UK next week with our GTL on Portuguese plates. I intend to drive it around until sold. Insurance; test certificate and road tax from country of origin.
A very Happy Christmas to all speed-camera operators; traffic wardens and our revolting friends at "Parking Eye"
N.

Just to add to the maze of contradictory legislation I bought a lhd French registered espace and I too have a traders policy I asked about cover reply was non UK reg plates cant be added to mid database as anpr cameras ignore them
Further research suggests I was cover to drive it if it wasn't actually my own property

I've run Swedish registered, insured etc., cars all over Europe and UK for many, many years without any problems.

Just to add to the confusion... Insurance and legality of driving it are two separate issues. Insurance will vary insurer to insurer, some won't do it at all, others will insure against chassis number.

The legality of driving it is slightly different - you can drive an EU registered car here for a maximum of six months before it has to be UK registered or returned home. You can't run around in one indefinitely and it still has to be insured and legal in its home country (ie MOT or equivalent). Once its been in the UK six months then it has to be registered here (or indeed whatever country it now resides in).

Confusion serves only to smother the facts.
Whereas, I have no desire to contradict anything written above, I wish to express my opinion:
Insurance cover is comparable to pregnancy or death.
A woman cannot be a little bit pregnant She is, or she ain't.
A person cannot be a bit dead. They are, or they are not.
Similarly, we are insured to drive, or we are not!

What we have all experience is this:

We buy insurance cover (motor/travel/pet/home etc)
The first paragraph of our policy states the risk or risks we are covered against.
The following 24 pages are all exclusion clauses, and that's before we get to the " small-print ".

To rub salt in the wound, one of my recent invitations to renew cover, stealthily included a £35 Policy Issue fee AND AN INSURANCE POLICY ARRANGEMENT FEE £24-62 !!!!
Why not print in bold letters, at the top of their correspondence: WE ARE PUNISHING YOU TO THE TUNE OF £59-62 FOR YOUR LOYALTY.
.I read on consumer blogs and forums that this scam has become widespread.
This has propelled me to follow the advice of: moneysavingexpert.com, and change my insurance providers every year,
N.

Stuart, I would like to communicate with regard purchase. I am in Tamworth, can come over whenever suits.

Back