Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Headlight shells

STEPHEN ADDISON

Enthusiast
Hi everybody ---- has anyone got for sale or know where I can obtain a good pair of headlight shells for my 1990 R4 ---- they are the two part system ( shell and cover ) and I am looking for the main section which attaches to the bonnet ---- if need be I don't mind purchasing the whole unit or if there is a unit from another car that fits I would be happy to use that ---- I have looked at the various suppliers websites and Ebay but without success. I was offered a second hand pair that were described as in reasonable condition ( whatever that is ) but the guy wanted £40 which I thought was expensive but maybe it was not ? ----- any comments would be very welcome
Steve

not trying to confuse you but there are two or three different styles which have matching black plastic caps on the later ones of different sizes and the very early cars had a solid steel shell meaning you had to take the headlamp out how to change the bulb if you get stuck I'm sure I've got something not sure where you are and I seem to be forever going to the post office packing stuff up for people lol

clip 013.JPG clip 016.JPG clip 014.JPG
Hi Paul --- thanks for the quick reply. My car is late a 1990 but its LH import from France --- the shell openings in the bonnet are 7" dia and the plastic rear cap section are 4" dia I have attached a couple of photos to try and confirm ----- obviously if you can assist that would be great ---- I live in Thirsk North Yorkshire so its not a drop round and collect situation but I am in no panic as its an off the road restoration ---
Much appreciated
Steve

The reason I mentioned the size difference is I have recently been asked for plastic caps and remembered the size difference when all I could find didn't fit lol
Definitely got few mounting plates but need a set for rodeo so pm me with a list of anything else on your shopping list as I can keep stuff to put in one parcel if there is no great urgency
Edit price wise think 10 each is fair price to pay if that's OK
But if you get a better offer I won't get upset and still sell you more bits later on if you need them ☺

Paul, morning. ---- That's great news and the price is fine, I will look through my lists and PM you, it may be you can help on other items or at the least help me with a little advise if not the item itself.
Steve

The reason I mentioned the size difference is I have recently been asked for plastic caps and remembered the size difference when all I could find didn't fit lol
Definitely got few mounting plates but need a set for rodeo so pm me with a list of anything else on your shopping list as I can keep stuff to put in one parcel if there is no great urgency
Edit price wise think 10 each is fair price to pay if that's OK
But if you get a better offer I won't get upset and still sell you more bits later on if you need them ☺

Hello Paul,
I'm looking for a complete headlamp for 1987 R4GTL and a radiator fan for same car. The fan's a bit noisy and I need peace of mind. We are travelling north through France and I can book Dieppe-Newhaven if it's possible to collect from you on way home to Wales. The drawback is we have no mobile internet connection and rely on Hotel stops to catch up. I'd appreciate a quick text on 07473164156 if it's not too cheeky to ask. Just like Steve, our situation isn't desperate, just more convenient because we can route in your direction. The car that requires the parts is with us,
best regards,
Dave

Back