Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Help needed - Carburetor - Cooling fan

Teodor

Enthusiast
Hello.

It seems my cooling fan (that cools the engine cooling system) is out of order, it turns on every now and then. Even when bypassing and connecting directly to the battery, it turns on only after hitting it with something.
Do you know of any other fan motor that would fit right in, and that is not for the R4?
And also, the carburetor. The mechanic suggested that i should find a different one, preferably also not a model for the R4.
I am just wondering if i should consider doing that.?
And, would the R5's (suggestions on different make or model more than welcome) fan and carb be compatible for my 1991GTL?
Thank you and have a good sunday :)

Hello.

It seems my cooling fan (that cools the engine cooling system) is out of order, it turns on every now and then. Even when bypassing and connecting directly to the battery, it turns on only after hitting it with something.
Do you know of any other fan motor that would fit right in, and that is not for the R4?
And also, the carburetor. The mechanic suggested that i should find a different one, preferably also not a model for the R4.
I am just wondering if i should consider doing that.?
And, would the R5's (suggestions on different make or model more than welcome) fan and carb be compatible for my 1991GTL?
Thank you and have a good sunday :)
replace the motor
https://www.franzose.de/en/Renault/Alle/Motorkuehlung/ANR82065/

The Zenith 28IF is actually quite a reliable carburetor. If you are looking for some more power you might change the carburetor for a 32mm type, but you will need an other rocker cover and an other manifold to then.

I do think that there are plenty R4's in Istria, Or you want to hop over to Slovenia to get some new spare parts for your wheels. No need to buy new. As long as it works.

I believe that your carb need just good cleaning and adjustment all components that are involved firing sequence.

I have gone thru all that you are going now, and after an year and half on the road i can finally say i know how car should work and what you need to check before changing carb.
Mechanics are often suggest changing carb as it need more work to adjust it.

As ventilator i might have one spear somewhere in boxes.

harbourseal, Yeah, i'd like more power, but with great power comes great-er consumption :D maybe not that much?
I'll think about getting a new one, it seems it's not just it that i'd need. So there is none that would not require changing all this?
There are R4's in Istria, but the ones that have it, know their value and keep spare parts and sources hidden let's say, and they are expensive.
Even used ones, they can reach a price like the one in the link above on franzose..

Petak, i will get the hand of it eventually :)
made 100 kilometers since i bought it in january, plenty more to go :D
That is great news, for how much would you sell it?

Back