Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Help, wiring diagram Renault 4 GTL Clan digital dash clock

Malcolm Brown

Enthusiast
Can anyone tell me the OR, send a picture of the wiring connections of the above dash clock. Three wires came off mine whilst I was removing it to effect another repair, 37 year old dry joints). Thanks for looking

Fascinating!
I've never familiarized myself with the more modern (post 1987) R4 series. Never knew there was something digitally onboard.
I've always stuck to the analog R4's were the most advanced piece of electronics consist of the indicator light automatization.

Thank you. Unfortunately the wiring on mine has been modified during the life of the car. I have the clock working now, however, I do not know which terminal the 'back lighting' wire attaches to. I have identified the wire for the back light of the clock, (which is activated by illuminating the sidelights), but don't know which terminal it goes to. My Haynes Workshop Manual ironically does not show the digital clock circuit of the Renault 4 GTL ! Days on the Internet searching has not produced any result either. Frustrating or what.

Try to wiggle the connectors gently as to not damage the copper leads. And have you tested the lights themselves?

Sometimes the dashboards have a life of their own and they spring to life with some gentle persuasion.

Back