Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

"Hey there" from Somerset

Yogidom

I'm new here and could do with some help.
I have just returned from http://dreiradtreffen2016.nl/ in my DRK "Mlle Reneé". She is based on a Renault 5 but could have been built from a 4 ;)
On route in the centre of Amsterdam the floor mounted gear shift fell apart at a ball joint at the gearbox end. I guess there was once a nylon cup? Cable ties are a wonderful thing.Reneé.jpgShe was originally an 1108cc 4 speed but now has an 810 1297cc and a 5 speed Ha1 box. There are 2 Renault id plates the oval oneRenault model.jpg
and the square one.
Renault Chassis.jpg I guess these id plates are for the original running and not much help for parts now? I did try a Renault main dealer in Amsterdam but he said they only order parts for cars up to 12 years old.

I also developed a random ignition miss after many hours of running in hot weather (The electronic rev counter would plummet as the car missed and recovered. This problem fortunately didn't recur on the long hot run home. I'm guessing that it could be the coil or condenser complaining, anybody had a similar problem or able to offer advice on how to identify parts.

Over a 1000 miles of fun motoring in a long weekend and this little Renault was much admired amongst all the Guzzi engined exotica.

Back