Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hidden Car Radio Antenna

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Has anyone installed one of these on their R4?
If yes where and did it function OK?
Thanks

I used one of those rubber-whip antennas,(around 50cm long)just shoved it up into the A-pillar from underneath inside,
thought I'd try to see how well it would work even if surrounded by metal-No problem at all! took it out again to see if
I read more signal,but didn't so pushed it up again where it has lived since...
-Only problm I can see is how to find some decent music on radio these days :vsad:

By the by-here in Norway the dim-wits in our G'mnt is closing down the whole damn
FM-net in -17 so all radios goes Stumm with a penstroke from yet another vacuum-head
(should mean there will be around 7million FM-radios on the marked outside Norway to snap up...
Think about it Top-noch tuners;Sequerra etc that no-one can use. My idea? send all
your radios COD to the damn G-mnt and give them hell for manufacturing a mountain of garbage,and afterwards Do not buy into that DAB-crap thatby you do the best thing
ever-You won't hear the dumb,stupid,nitwitted lies the politicians gulp up just to get their ugly,rabid,(fill in) voice on the radio and in an instant you have erased and deleted the menace of total ignorance and made them irrelevant

-Would I be willing go to go to war -You Bet'ya!! Other than this Total bliss prevails -R.

I used one of those rubber-whip antennas,(around 50cm long)just shoved it up into the A-pillar from underneath inside,
thought I'd try to see how well it would work even if surrounded by metal-No problem at all! took it out again to see if
I read more signal,but didn't so pushed it up again where it has lived since...
-Only problm I can see is how to find some decent music on radio these days :vsad: -R.
Thanks for that information. Interesting solution:)

I purchased one https://mechanicguides.com/best-hidden-car-radio-antenna/ and mounted it to a bar clamp and mounted it to the left saddlebag support. Zip tied the end to the saddlebag crash bar to keep it from whipping around. The only way you can see it is if you remove the left saddlebag and you can see it running along the support bar. Works great, can't see it, and no problem with reception.

Get a length of loudspeaker cable - the type of two parallel cables bonded together - sufficient to cover the width of the dashboard plus the distance to the radio.
On one end solder an antenna plug (get it from an old antenna or buy it at an electronics supplies shop). Leave the other end free and make sure that there is no electrical continuity between these two cables.
Thread the cable across the top of the dashboard, just under the windscreen. An alternative place is under the headlining crossmember, behind the sun visors. Much easier to install there on cars fitted with the soft headlining.
Plug the cable in the radio, and voila, your hidden super effective antenna is ready!

Back