Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

How do you find a car

Stan

Enthusiast
Hello all,
I have taken a notion to try and find a car that I had about 50 yrs ago !! God I'm showing my age now lol. I have noticed on this and other forums where people can search and find a car through Dvla etc and always wondered how they did it.
Advice required please on how to find (if it still alive) a 1949 MG TC, reg number CJL 519 I sold it in approx 1968 to a furniture and drapery business in the name of Gordon's of Alford in Aberdeenshire who are I think still on the go.
It'll be interesting to see if I can find it, and any help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers Stan.

Stan
What's the problem? I've just been to the DVLA website and looked for 'Search for a vehicle'. Put in your details and it came back 'Nothing found'. It sounds as if it has been scrapped. Simple.

anything before the 70's or 80's can be hit or miss I believe.

You can write the DVLA a letter? Some say they are good as gold, others say you might as well check each garage in the world for the car for the help they give you.

Good luck thou stan.

Just found my first motorbike at 17 by chance so bought that back....stupidly.....

The DVLA will provide a list of all previous owners of a vehicle you own, for a small fee. I have photocopies of all twelve registration docs for my 1979 GoldWing.

Back