Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Interior items - what not to bin?

bobjacqs

Enthusiast
Hi, I've just started a 4L restoration. My aim is to take the body off the chassis. Today I took out most of the interior and I realised I had no idea how difficult or expensive some of the parts are to replace. For example, I saved the scruffy and ripped rubber covering that was on the rear wheel arches. Should I have just binned it? And is there anything that is super rare that I should keep at all cost?

Also, I removed the front doors for better access and was just about to remove the rear ones when it occurred to me that leaving them in place might provide structural rigidity later.

Any thoughts or advice? I've posted some photos on my blog - https://beambreaking.wordpress.com/2016/05/02/renault-2/

Cheers
Bob

Hi, I've just started a 4L restoration. My aim is to take the body off the chassis. Today I took out most of the interior and I realised I had no idea how difficult or expensive some of the parts are to replace. For example, I saved the scruffy and ripped rubber covering that was on the rear wheel arches. Should I have just binned it? And is there anything that is super rare that I should keep at all cost?

Also, I removed the front doors for better access and was just about to remove the rear ones when it occurred to me that leaving them in place might provide structural rigidity later.

Any thoughts or advice? I've posted some photos on my blog - https://beambreaking.wordpress.com/2016/05/02/renault-2/

Cheers
Bob
Bin nothing until your project is finished.There are parts difficult to replace which includes most of the interior and there are many variations in parts on the R4 so keep everything until it has been replaced and fitted. wings are easy to get and new bonnets can still be ordered from Renault good luck.

Ditto. Chuck nothing until you are done. You may need it as template or to check that the 'genuine' replacement is in fact the same as what came off

Back