Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Kent get together May 2014

Mrs renospeed

My other vehicle is a Moto Guzzi!
Hi All,
We are going to arrange our annual get together for Sunday 25th May 2014. It will probably be a static met up rather than a run. Now, off to find a venue!

Mrs R

Great stuff... Lets hope that this year is the year I finally manage to make the journey down. How about the seaside? Margate looks to have changed a lot over recent years...
Stuart

I'm looking forward to it. It's always nice to make the trip up to Kent and meet up with old friends. Mmm, good suggestion Stuart, somewhere by the sea would be nice. I would plump for Whitstable, happy memories of childhood holidays.

Looking forward to it already! (Missed it last year.) Just charged the battery and ran down to the petrol station in order to warm up the oil to change it. Emptied sump, but can't get the old oil filter off! Normally comes off by hand :) I've just ordered an oil filter wrench like Frederick the Frog uses (http://www.renault4.co.uk/oil-change.htm) and will finish the job at the weekend.

He's looking forward to getting out of the garage now the weather is warming up.

r4_garage.jpeg

I'm sure Becky whatever you come up with will be just fine, as long as there's tea and cake. Marigold needs a bit of fettling before she ventures east, she been neglected a little lately as I've been working on our camper.

I hope to come this year to as i've been unable to in the past so looking forward to it, been doing a few little jobs to the R4 and the camper as well
as we'll soon be using that as well for our trips p to Scotland.

Hi Becky, I have only just seen that it clashes with La Vie En Bleu, that could have an effect on numbers?
Could it be a week earlier or latter?
Stuart.

It looks like a good place Becky, we will see you all there. Make sure you give the cake a good road test though:)

I've got tax, MOT and insurance! I'm glad it wasn't the first bank holiday weekend or I would have turned up in a scruffy R5 again. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks.

Hi All,
I have been on a reconnaissance visit to Marle Place and it looks very nice. It is difficult to find as the hedges and verges have grown up over some of the signs, so I would recommend using the Horsmonden- Lamberhurst Road. The Brenchley route is lovely but not easy to follow. There is also a small tearoom that does light lunches and they would appreciate an idea of the number of people intending to eat , so please let me know if you are so I can get back to them. Any questions please pm me.

Mrs R

Hello Becky. Rita and I are driving up to Kent on the Friday and making a weekend of it. We are really looking forward to
meeting up with the "gang". :cool:

Hello, thanks for organising the Kent meeting again. Looking forward to it. I'm sure we will require something from the tearoom to sustain us :)

See you soon!

2013-07-15_07-11-35a.JPG

Are we going to organise a circular route out from the meeting point? Got to work up a little excuse for more tea! I'll probably be down in my 5 as my 4l is off the road with a suspension malady!

Back