Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Kent Meeting 2017 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Narramore

pre-moderated
Sorry to do this but the last post ended with a note "you have insufficient privileges to reply here..." Look just because you disagree with me, doesn't make you right. Years of belonging to numerous enthusiastic owners clubs may have spoilt me. I accept that, however this is a forum where sudjects should be able to get discussed without people getting offended and find things rude. Nothing racist, sexist or misogynistic anyway. In lieu of a proper owners club with a magazine, membership, committees and all of that palaver, this little forum is the next best thing. I never expected owners to drive all the way down from Lancashire, I certaining would drive up there for a one day event, but I simply wanted to express my disappointment with the lack of response from more local owners. Alright? Feinights?

Sorry to do this but the last post ended with a note "you have insufficient privileges to reply here..."

That was me - it's a reply ban for that thread. I don't want Becky getting upset as she puts time into organising an excellent meeting every year and I would like that to continue. We should thrash out our differences elsewhere.

I struggle with time myself. I live in the UK but work in Sweden, and do some other things when I get a chance. I rarely have more than half a Sunday afternoon to relax and do nothing. I don't go to a lot of car shows apart from the Kent run and one local show, but I do pop down to the Wednesday evening one in Gothenburg during the summer if anyone fancies driving over - it's beside the opera house on the river front. So far a bunch of 2CVs and Grumpy vans, loads of Volvos, but no Renault 4s there yet. @Cuno - where are you?

We enjoy what is a very rare car north of France. Even on the internet many of our members are from very far away. Internet might be all you get in the R4 scene other than the magical Kent run that we all try to get to for a once a year meet, or Thenay where the more international members might try to go to meet.

Sorry to do this but the last post ended with a note "you have insufficient privileges to reply here..." Look just because you disagree with me, doesn't make you right. Years of belonging to numerous enthusiastic owners clubs may have spoilt me. I accept that, however this is a forum where sudjects should be able to get discussed without people getting offended and find things rude. Nothing racist, sexist or misogynistic anyway. In lieu of a proper owners club with a magazine, membership, committees and all of that palaver, this little forum is the next best thing. I never expected owners to drive all the way down from Lancashire, I certaining would drive up there for a one day event, but I simply wanted to express my disappointment with the lack of response from more local owners. Alright? Feinights?

This is the very reason I left this wonderful forum. I posted months ago how rude you were and what beggars belief is that if you track back some months you were scratching around trying to buy the cheapest one you could asking pathetic questions about such simple vehicle aspects then low and behold within a few months of ownership you became an expert. You make me laugh - my friend has a word for people like you and it is "Shedspert"

Now I revisit to see you are still being as offensive and Insensitive as ever. Well done

@Paul Narramore,
You seem somewhat frustrated because you had no response on your call for the event in Aylesford.
Or the lack of turn up of R4's in any numbers for that matter.
Maybe drivers have other things to do then go to every event that's there.
I have been trying to go to the Kent run for two years now. But had to work or had something else to do.
This time I made time and planned ahead for it.
Hope to meet you and some of the others there. And talk shop about our beloved little French love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back